24 | Andi

I hated social media

Every time I got on here—Instagram, something popped up that I didn't care to see and there on my screen's a picture of Joel's wife and another woman I met through eating regularly at my favorite restaurant and she was the manager. I had no clue she was associated with the man I love's wife and by the looks of it, close friends.

I memorized her face from the pregnancy center and it made me click on her username, scrolling through her pictures. Her page was flooded with herself and their ten-year-old son and her promoting her herbal tea business. It's the recent photos that got my attention. It's multiples of a baby shower with her wearing a blue dress, I assume because she's having another boy.

It was the final picture boomerang that had my eyes stuck. She and Jarvis was the only two in it as he hugged her from behind, cupping her stomach, and mid-dance.

They looked happy and even with me trying to move on, I felt myself getting angry. I tightened the hood around my phone, as I stood up and paced back and forth. My eyes zeroed in on the large rose arraignment he sent me yesterday and I beeline to it.

               I felt like I was losing my mind, tossing the roses to the floor and all over my living room. I kicked the ruined roses along with the coffee table before plopping down on the couch, releasing a frustrated breath. I wish I never loved that man. I wish that I could get over him as quickly as I packed his shit.

It was reminders of him all around this condo and it was haunting me. It made me start packing up everything Jarvis had a say in me purchasing when I decorated this condo in trash bags. I even used all of my strength to push the sectional near the foyer to put out.

I started bagging the kitchen dishes when I heard, "Andi what the hell's all of this in front of the door?"

I recognized Joie's voice. "Cleaning house."

Joie joined me in the kitchen. "You must be off today. I'm on my lunch. Let's go get food."

The pots thud as I tossed them in the bag. "I'm busy."

"Is this about that Jarvis?" Joie wondered, "he got you going crazy."

"I'm just clearing out the reminders."

"The hell the dishes do?" Joie chuckled, "Seriously, Andi, come on."