38 | Jade

It was the weekend, and I was getting ready for the day of Joie's nonprofit organization food drive thats formed every month for homeless families

               It was the weekend, and I was getting ready for the day of Joie's nonprofit organization food drive thats formed every month for homeless families. I chose to stay comfortable in Naked Wardrobe open back turtleneck crop top and sweatpants in mocha, with Nike sneakers. After laying my baby hairs, and enhancing the curls of pineapple updo, I put everything back into its place and start to exit the bathroom when I paused at Cairo standing in the doorway.

               "Off to the food drive?" he wondered, arms folded across his chest.

               "Mm-hm, yeah. Sure you don't wanna join?" Even though I asked I hoped he declined.

               "Nah..." Thank God! "I'm finalizing the tracks for this album. I'm having a listening party in two weeks. Should be released the day after."

               My brows knitted. "That was a quick recording process."

               "Been workin' on it for a while." he shrugged, leaning off the doorpost straight. "Is that a problem?"

               "Um, no. Not at all. It was just quick. I'm happy for you."

               "Dennis goin' witchu. I'm not havin' you out there wit no security." I simply nodded and he kissed me, before we both went out to the driveway. He walked me to the Range Rover where Dennis waited on me. "What time you comin' back?"

               "It starts at two; I'm going early to help fill the boxes."

               "That don't answer my question."

               "Five, six-ish."

               "Com' by the label at four. I needa show you something."

               Of course he does that. "Got it. See you later."

               Dennis drove me south to the center the food drive is held. He protectively followed inside behind me and Joie-N-Change purple shirts and hoodies were on everyone from the center's workers and the teen girls from Joie's nonprofit, lending a hand. Andi's the first one I spotted as she filled boxes with two other women.

               I crossed the floor over to her. "Good morning ladies!"

               "Good morning." The women greeted back with friendly smiles.