42 | Jade

Joie definitely took us on an adventurous

We went zip lining, a private boating tour in Gulf of Papagayo, and white water rafting where we met a lot of tourists and Costa Rican natives. Joie really done well with taking our minds off everything we were dealing with and forcing us to enjoy ourselves how we used to back in college.

College Jade was fun, partied, and care free.

I had the same personality as Joie. That was the main reason her and me bonded. We were the two that stayed up all night partying with fraternities, and able to wake up the next day to hit the books. We were the life of the party.

That was until I came across Cairo my junior year and the party-woman in me came to an abrupt stop since being the girlfriend of the Cairo Norman I had to be a certain way. Then all of a sudden I wasn't me anymore. I was blocked behind him, and couldn't manage to break that wall down.

But today I felt so alive without Cairo there clocking my every move.

It felt amazing.

Joie wanted us to feel the whole Costa Rican bar experience after all the adventurous fun and had us at a local bar taking shots. It was Joie and me having a race on who could finish the six shots, as everyone chanted around us.

Joie and me were both nearing the last shot glass, throwing the shots back quickly and onto the next. I got to my final glass, as she did, and tilted my head back, downing it, and bit the lime. I won! I lifted my arms in triumph as everyone cheered around.

"Whoo!" I shouted excitedly, "In yo face!"

Joie laughed as Caren and Andi recorded the moment. "Fuck you."

I could feel my phone vibrate in the belt bag buckled around my waist. I fished it out, staring at a number calling from Atlanta. "Sorry I have take this."

"Noo! We agreed no business calls Jae!" Joie said.

"One second I promise." I went out the bar for some privacy and answered the call. "Who's this?"

"Hi. This is Joann Crawford, Michael Kyser's assistant over at Atlantic Records Group. I have him on the line to speak with you. Would you like to speak with him at the moment?"