30 | Jade

I have been extremely excited these passed two days since the release of my Bare With Me EP had come out and has been number one on iTunes and Apple Music

I have been extremely excited these passed two days since the release of my Bare With Me EP had come out and has been number one on iTunes and Apple Music. It had positive reviews by critics and my fans accepted it well. One of my singles was even blowing up on TikTok where a young woman created a dance. I know I was about to get busy with promotion because Cairo and the label were building my schedule.

But before I got too busy, I wanted to check on Caren, even though I have been dodging her since she found out the truth behind me and Cairo's relationship. She didn't say anything to the other girls, I believe, and I didn't want her to because I didn't want anyone to mistaken mention it to my husband and that would be worse on my end.

I decide to bring Margo along with me since he had a free day from school. "Which one do you want to wear today? Converse or Vans?"

"Mmm.." Margo tapped his finger on his chin in thought after pulling on his white shirt. "Um, the Vans. I like the yellow."

I gave Margo the yellow checkered Vans and placed the other sneakers back in its place on the shoe shelf. "Okay, you remember how to tie your shoes?"

Margo sat on the carpet floor. "Yeah."

"Aht! Socks."

"Oh yeah!" Margo giggled, reaching back in the storage drawer on his bed frame.

"Where y'all off to?" Cairo inquired, walking into his bedroom. He bent down, tickling Margo for a short moment before he sat on the bed behind him.

"I'm taking him to spend time with Calen. I want to do a picnic."

Cairo nodded, appearing thoughtful. "Ain't she stayin' wit her moms on the south?"

"For a brief moment."

Cairo shook his head. "You not finna have my son in that fucked up neighborhood."

"We're not going to be there, Cairo. I'm taking them to a park in a better neighborhood. It's nice outside, feels good, and I just want to do something different."

Cairo stared down at Margo. "You tryna go on a picnic, buddy?"

"Yeah. I want to see Calen and Tete Care and Zay-Zay and Coco."