40 | Joie

Costa Rica here I come! Friday morning my suitcase was packed and ready to go, and so was I, dressing cozily in a Tupac graphic t-shirt, and velvet track shorts

               Costa Rica here I come! Friday morning my suitcase was packed and ready to go, and so was I, dressing cozily in a Tupac graphic t-shirt, and velvet track shorts. I was coming off the bottom step with my suitcase when someone knocked on the door. I settled it against the wall, and rushed to the entry door and opened it.

               "Costa Rica!" Andi shouted, dancing in her velour tracksuit and pulling her suitcase behind with her. "Yeah! I'm ready for this tan!"

               "I'm sweet and chocolate enough." I said closing the door. "You speak to Care and Jae?"

               "Yeah. They on the way from Jade's. You know Cairo got 'em living outside the city." Andi commented as she raised her sunglasses that scooted the tresses of her hair back. "I'm honestly surprised Jade's coming."

               "You mean, you surprised Cairo letting her go."

               "That too." She said following me to the kitchen to pack snacks for the ride. "Where the kids?"

               I made it to the pantry and pulled out snacks. "School right now. Davina's picking 'em up after so they can spend the weekend with her. She glad because she finna tire they asses out helping her move."

               Andi snickered as she grabbed herself a fruit roll-up.

               "Knock, knock!" Caren's voice shouted from the foyer.

               "Kitchen!"

               Shortly after, Caren walking in wearing a Playboy tie-dye logo shirt and sweatpants. "Good morning ladies! Who's ready for Costa Rica!?"

               "Me!" Andi's words came out muffled with the fruit roll-up slurping into her mouth.

               I peered behind Caren not hearing anymore footsteps. "Um, where the hell is Jae?"

               "Well... I went by there and nobody let me in the gate. I just came here. We have a flight to catch."

               I shook my head, blowing out a stressful breath. "Okay. Yes we do have a flight to catch. Text Jae and tell her she can meet us there."

               Caren shot Jade a text, then we rolled our suitcases to the UberXL after I locked up my place. I was last to put my suitcase in the trunk of the Cadillac Escalade and sat in the seat next to Caren, while Andi sat on the third row.