31 | Joie

"Love that color on you

"Love that color on you."

My eyes were taken off the computer screen and to the doorway of my office at JNC. Standing in a peacock blue, one-shoulder midi dress that hugged her body effortlessly and her natural curls in an updo was Goldie, leaning on the doorframe with a soft smile. I have not since her since our dinner-turned-sex night, and I didn't think I would any time soon.

But here she was, at my place of business. No call, no texts. Just her popping up without warning.

I knew Goldie was referring to that color of my lace front I recently got done that was ginger orange. "Yeah, thank you. What're you doing here?"

"Was.. in the neighborhood." That was a lie. She walked more into my office in her pricey heels, "Just wanted to check on you. You went MIA after our.. dinner."

"Well, I didn't promise to keep coming around, Golds." I said.

"You didn't." She helped herself to sit in one of the side chairs, crossing her smooth leg over the other and the slit in her dress allowed me to see her thigh. "But, we're friends, right?"

"If you consider that after two years of not speaking."

"I guess I do," Goldie stared at me, eyes not once moving.

I cleared my throat. "How's working with Andi?"

Golden chuckled softly, aware of my conversation switch. "Great. The ladies don't trust her just yet. But that's to be expected. At least she got one girl. Fiona. Timid little thing."

"A timid little thing that just so happens to be one of Percy's."

"Hm, really?" Goldie didn't seem surprised.

"You don't seem shocked?"

"Why would I be?" Goldie returned with a question, "Everyone knows Percy has a hefty amount of prostitutes around Texas alone. He has connections."

"What typa connections?"

"Sensual House connections," Goldie told me.

Sensual House.. the same prostitution ring Tanika and Lizzie are running away from.

Mentally noted