40 | Andi

After Joie left for the night, Gunner and Misty ate all of their food and were showered and in bed at the mark bedtime Joie told me

               After Joie left for the night, Gunner and Misty ate all of their food and were showered and in bed at the mark bedtime Joie told me. Gunner went to bed on his own, but Misty wanted me to lay with her. We watched Good Burger on replay until she fell asleep. I tried waiting up on Joie. But I wanted the shuteye myself. The ringing of my cell phone woke me, making me raise up beside sleeping Misty. Hassan was requesting to FaceTime me and I got up and left her room, then answered.

               The video call connected and Hassan was smiling wide. "Finally you answered. I called bout ten times."

               I pulled down the notification bar, witnessing the several calls from Hassan and it going on two in the morning. It made me wonder where Joie was, or if the date went good.

               "Sorry, I was sleep." I said, plopping down on the living room sofa, "Why are you smiling so big?"

               "We going to the Finals baby!" Hassan shouted in excitement.

               Even though I was still tired, I was just as excited for him. "That's so freaking great baby! The Cobras take the finals."

               "Man, I'm happy as hell! You don't even know baby. Star player, rookie in the league, and now going to the mufucking Finals."

               "I'm really proud of you."

               Hassan exhaled sharply, snickering happily. "Where you at, your sister's?" he asked.

               "Yeah. Watching the kids while she went on a date."

               "A date? Okay! And where my baby?"

               The front door unlocking pulled my whole attention there. I sat up as the door opened and Joie was finally home. "Let me call you back babe," I don't wait for answer before I hung up and jumped up from the couch.

               Joie looked drained. She carried her heels in her hand and that alone made me worry. "Jojo, are you—Whoa!" I caught her before she could fall to the ground and she started sobbing immediately. That is one thing Joie never does. "Hey. Hey. What happen?"

               Joie was so choked up she couldn't speak. "Okay. It's okay." I hugged her, rubbing her back in soothingly. "Talk to me."