21 | Jade

Within in two weeks, spending day and night, I recorded a total of twelve tracks for consideration of going on my upcoming EP

               Within in two weeks, spending day and night, I recorded a total of twelve tracks for consideration of going on my upcoming EP. Six of them would make the cut. It's the first week into a new month—February.

               In the conference room of the record label, I was accompanied by my husband, other executive's, and my mother in-law, Halle, listening to the recorded tracks I done.

               I sat beside my husband, jamming to the vocals of mine playing around the room. Seeing their heads lightly bobbing to the song I worked on with Grammy award winning, singer songwriter, James Fauntleroy.

Too Much

I gave you a little, now you askin' for too much

Let you hit it once and now you askin' for two glugs

Wait for you to call me, I ain't heard from you for two months

I didn't move on, I only move up

Uh-uh, uh, oh-oh, oh

               I could hope this is a track the label approves to go on the EP.

               I've had previous songs I've recorded in the past—ones I loved—but they were scrapped.

               It's what the labels do—listen to submitted tracks, make notes, and we all come together to scrap it down. A major thing they take in consideration as well is if the song can have airplay on radio without too much of editing.

               It's the last track to play before the staff clapped lightly. I turned off the speaker by the remote and appreciate the love. "Thank you, thank you."

               "Welcome back, Jade." Evangeline, one of the label's A&R's, stated to me.

               I offered a smile and wink to Evangeline.

               My mother in-law was impressed, too. "All of the songs are great. But there are some that will be scrapped. I'm sure all of have agreed on which six will make the EP."

               Everyone else nodded in agreement with Halle.

               I was ready to listen as Halle slipped on her eyeglasses. "Too Much, Bulletproof, When You're Ready, Secrets, MAYBE, and FAV." she read off.