10 | Caren

The excitement I felt to be home was an understatement

The excitement I felt to be home was an understatement. I was more comfortable in my own plush California king bed with Chloe laying either beside me or on my chest, while I laid in oversized T-shirts and thick slouch socks, binge watching Law & Order Special Victims Unit. As I was currently doing—long oversize vintage 2Pac tee, postpartum underwear, and yellow slouch socks, with Chloe on my chest.

The daylight disappeared outdoors every second and I felt my heavy eyelids closing when I heard the doorbell chime around our contemporary household. I start to lay down Chloe to get up, but I heard from a distance, "I got it Momma!"

I was blessed to have a responsible and helpful son like Zay.

Whenever my mother wasn't around to assist and Xavier was working at the arena, Zay helped me do things around the house and taking Calen to school every morning.

I can say Xavier and me raised him correctly.

I could hear footfalls approaching and women voices when Andi and Joie turned the corner, wide smiles and carrying multiple bags.

I smile myself. "Hey. What are y'all doing here?"

"Since you homebound, we decided to bring our girl's night to you." Andi said. That explains the Target reusable tote bags.

"Yes, honey. We got popcorn, candy, I'm ordering in pizza and wings. We can watch movies on Netflix, Hulu, Primevideo, whichever. I even got us matching pajamas." Joie said, very excited about this girl's movie night.

"And, we are here so you can get some rest." Andi added. "You can sleep as long as you like and we got Chloe."

"Yeah, so you hear her cry, stay ya ass sleep."

"Uhm..." I was skeptical, chuckling softly. "Are y'all sure? The last time y'all tried that with Calen, it didn't go too well."

"Okay, in my defense..." Andi cleared her throat. "I haven't Calen shat like a grown man. It just kept coming and coming... and coming."

"Luckily, Joie was there to save the day. Just trust us, Care."

"Fine." I gave in, "Where is Jade?"