28 | Andi

It was another day in the office and there was a problem I had to handle for Gordon Bank

It was another day in the office and there was a problem I had to handle for Gordon Bank. A competitor bank recently recruited one of the assistant managers and I was on the computer checking applications to find a suitable replacement. It's been a struggle since the assistant manager we lost was a great employee and finding someone on his level would be hard.

A knock pulled my attention from the screen and to the door where my temp assistant stood. "Yes, Daniel?"

"You have a visitor."

"Who is it?"

"Addison. She doesn't have an appointment."

I didn't know anybody that name. "Just send her in."

Daniel walked away before he returned with this Addison woman. At the sight of her I recognized her immediately. That platinum blonde shaved hair and brown skin, that pregnant stomach. It was Jarvis's wife in the flesh, standing in my office. How she knew where I worked, I don't know. But knowing a woman's intuition, I felt it would come soon.

"Thank you, Daniel." I dismissed him; he nodded and closed the door behind himself.

I kept my composure in front of her. "Would you like to sit?"

Her expression was blank as she sat in the chair while holding her overly round belly. "I'm sure you know who I am."

"Not exactly." I chuckled lightly. "Should I?"

"I'm the wife of the married man you're fucking." She stated, "Jarvis Edwards wife. Addison Edwards."

"That's...um, great."

She narrowed her eyes at me. "How do you sleep at night knowing you're breaking up a family?"

"That's a question you have to ask your husband."

"No, no, I'm asking you, as a woman, how could you break up a happy home? You found out he's married and you still decide to mess around with him? I just want to know how could you?"

"That's something you have to ask your husband." I kept my tone calm with her.

"No, I'm asking you!" She slapped her hand down on the desk. "You owe me that!"