27 | Joie

Aqua shrieked when I yanked the shower curtain open, confusion etching on her face as she looked at me

               Aqua shrieked when I yanked the shower curtain open, confusion etching on her face as she looked at me. "What the hell Joie!"

               "Agent Douglas Harris," Identifying the agent made her realize what I crept in the bathroom and her expression softened. She reached to cut off the water but I stopped her. "Nuh-uh, leave it on. Step out."

               I gave Aqua space to step out while she nervously stared at me and cover her naked body. "I want to slap you," I said as I leaned on the sink counter. "Then I want to knock the shit out of you for thinking what you are doing is smart. What the fuck is wrong with you?" I reached forward, thumping her in the forehead.

               "Ow!" She held the spot, "I don't know what-"

               "Say you don't know what I'm talking about and I'ma knock you straight in yo fucking teeth." I warned as I stepped on her, getting in her face. "You gotta be one stupid mufucka. What they threat you with huh? Taking those fancy ass cars away? Five to ten? What? What in the fuck would make you do that?"

               "Mom, okay!" Aqua said in a whisper yelled.

               "Mom? What the hell does Tanika have to do with this?"

               Aqua sighed, looking around the large bathroom. "Can we talk about this somewhere else? Out back. There's two hundred acres of land here. I can't risk this coming out Joie."

               "You got two minutes," I left out to let her get dressed just as I heard laughter come from below. I went to one of the many guest rooms I have been occupying since I have been here. I threw on my Shadow Green Adidas Y-3 Kaiwa shoes to go with my simple ribbed long sleeve tee and jeans.

               Aqua walked out into the hall just as I did, wearing a oversize plaid button-up shirt that clearly belonged to Taveus over a white shirt and dark biker shirts. She was still nervous to walk over to me in her Swift Run Adidas. Grabbing her hand I leaded her out a side door of huge compound and walked her further away towards the guest home that was near the large barn.

               The compound was at a far distance when she snatched away. "Stop pulling me like a child."

               "You are a fucking child," I retorted. "Now tell me why the fuck you would turn into a rat?"

               "Because of Mom!"

               "What about her?"