Unconditional Love (Vmon)(Familiar+Warlock)(SFW)

Part of BTSMonster Bingo + BTSGenre Bingo

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Not all witches and warlocks had familiars, let alone all who carried warlock or witch blood. That being said, there was never a part of Taehyung that didn't want to have a familiar. The bond between warlock and familiar was deeper than any other bond in existence. A familiar would be bonded to him on a soul level. It was everything Taehyung had always wanted.

He knew he was warlock blooded. His deep red eyes and the blackness of his blood showed that off easily, but that still didn't mean he would have a familiar.

It wasn't that Taehyung hadn't been loved. The many different carers at the orphanage had always been sweet on him. He was an easy to love child. Still, sometimes they would get new jobs, and he wouldn't see them again.

So Taehyung learned early on that no mortal love was forever, not in the way familiars and warlocks would be. He craved that. He wanted that. He needed that.

That was the exact reason why his hands were shaking on his first day of elemental theory class. It was the class where they would all attempt to summon their familiars for the first time. Taehyung had to have a familiar. He needed it!

Having a lightning affinity meant that he would be in the last group to attempt the summoning. Lightning was well known to be a very hard to master affinity, and it could easily go wrong, so they were often saved to last in class, just to avoid too many people in the room if something should go wrong.

The day went about as Taehyung had expected it. About a third felt and saw a black void when they tried to summon their familiar, meaning that they had none, about a third saw movements and shadows in the void, meaning that they had a familiar, but they weren't at a stage yet where they were ready to have a familiar, they still needed to mature, and about another half now had a familiar lounging around them, either in their human or animal form.

Taehyung was totally not jealous of Jimin, who had a massive flemish giant rabbit that called himself Jungkook, happily laying in his arms. Nope, not at all. Why would he ever be jealous!

Most of the class had left when it was finally Taehyung's turn. He was almost vibrating on the spot, his familiar would be so fucking cool! The coolest anybody had ever seen, Taehyung just knew it.

Calling up the spell that he had repeated in his head so many times, the spell that he had always believed would start his life for real, that would finally let him live. Calling it up with the power of lightning stored inside him, green and purple lightning mixing as it travelled up and down his arms, gathering enough power so he would be able to pull off the spell.

Taehyung could feel his world slowly closing in, just as it was meant to. Ready to be greeted by the warm colours and homely feeling as he met his familiar for the first time and then... nothing.

Not the darkness of nothingness; the spell just stops. It's not meant to do that! It was not meant to cut off his connection to the familiar realm! No! No! Something was wrong! As his world and vision went back to the normal realm, Taehyung instinctively tried to cast the spell again. This couldn't happen! Something had to be wrong! He just had to try again. The lightning, so natural with his affinity, seemed to almost hurt as he started to cast the spell, the spell that was only meant to be cast once a year.

Taehyung didn't care what the risks were! Something had to have gone wrong. He couldn't be so fucked up that he didn't even have access to the realm of familiars!

He never got to actually cast the spell, as a pair of well worn calloused hands closed over his "Taehyung no." the words were not lecturing, just kind "you know you can't cast it again, even if you don't have a familiar that is okay. Not everybody has familiars Taehyung, it's okay."