Break me (Part 5 out of 11)

As promised! Chapter 5! I Will cya you all next week for the next chapter!
_________

Namjoon spent a full week at Jungkook's place before he could consider himself even partially recovered.

Despite the wound on his shoulder being a bit of a nuisance, refusing to close correctly, they had managed to avoid any infection, leaving Namjoon relatively calm. This was mostly due to Seokjin's reassurances that everything would be fine.

During his time there, Namjoon only saw Jungkook or Seokjin. He caught glimpses of the people delivering their meals throughout the day, but it seemed as though Jungkook always positioned himself between them, making Namjoon unsure if it was Jungkook's distrust in him or in the delivery people.

He sincerely hoped it was Jungkook's lack of trust in him, as the idea that the people preparing and delivering their food might be untrustworthy was horrifying.

Nevertheless, Namjoon didn't despise his time there; it was unexpectedly peaceful.

Having never been good at sitting still, Namjoon, accustomed to a busy lifestyle, initially expected to be bored and restless. He refrained from complaining, acknowledging all that Jungkook had already done for him.

It became evident that Jungkook understood him better than Namjoon had anticipated, as it didn't take long for Jungkook to provide him with activities to occupy his time: dense books, challenging yet rewarding, puzzles, and other items that engaged his mind for hours on end, keeping it sharp and active.

Namjoon's most treasured gift from Jungkook came by sheer accident. Absorbed in solving a puzzle, he found himself humming a tune he had improvised on the spot, unaware of his surroundings.

In all honesty, Namjoon had assumed he was alone. With Jungkook often preoccupied and Seokjin being the only other person he encountered, it seemed normal for him to be by himself.

"That sounds beautiful; I don't think I've ever heard that before," Jungkook's voice startled Namjoon, who nearly jumped out of his skin in surprise. He hadn't heard Jungkook approaching.

"Don't do that!" Namjoon exclaimed, clutching his chest. Jungkook had a knack for causing his heart to race as if it were the wings of a hummingbird.

Jungkook simply chuckled as Namjoon turned towards him. He looked stunning; there was no denying it. His dark dress pants hugged his waist perfectly, while his partially unbuttoned light-coloured shirt revealed intricate tattoos creeping up his chest. With sleeves neatly rolled up to his elbows, a colourful array of traditional Korean tattoos adorned his arms, contrasting with the more Western-style tattoos visible on his chest.

Leaning casually against the doorframe, a smile played on Jungkook's lips as he observed Namjoon. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," he said, though the mischievous glint in his eyes and the lightness in his tone suggested otherwise.

"Liar," Namjoon muttered to himself, but he still smiled, albeit faintly, as he turned his full body towards Jungkook. The words elicited a small laugh from the other man. "You're back early; everything okay?"

"Maybe I just really missed you." This was the usual pattern. Jungkook clearly avoided certain topics, seemingly unsure of how Namjoon would react.

"If you say so." Frankly, Namjoon wasn't sure if he actually wanted to know what had happened that Jungkook was hiding from him.

It was one thing to know that Jungkook was part of a criminal organization; another was to hear it directly. It made him feel as if he was more complicit than he actually was.

"The song you were singing, what was it? I don't think I've ever heard that one before."

That was enough to make Namjoon flush. He normally never let anybody hear him sing. It was one of those habits and hobbies that he couldn't stop, but was too self-aware to share with others.