Daffodils in Distress (NamKook)(Omegaverse+soulmates)(NSFW)(Part 2)

Rolling his shoulders Namjoon let out a high groan of relief as he pushed away from the office table he had been stuck behind for who knew how long.

No, genuinely he had no idea how long he had been sitting there. The sun had long since abandoned the sky to instead let the moon and stars reign over the sky.

Everybody else had long since left the office, finding more important things to do on a Friday evening, or night. Namjoon wasn't sure which one.

His spine gave a loud crack in complaint as he stretched. A groan which was a mix of pleasure and pain as every part of his body complained.

It was way too early in his life span for pain like this, but the long hours he was forced to keep as an accountant was punishing his body to the best of its ability. The words on the screen were almost impossible for him to read, slowly flowing out, but he was sure that he had managed to send the email with the last sheets and numbers before his poor brain turned fully to mush.

Not caring for a moment about how unhealthy it was as he clawed at his eyeballs to get the contacts out. They had been dried for many hours, and Namjoon hadn't remembered his eyedrops that morning. He refused to wear glasses in the office, feeling that he looked more like a serious adult man with contacts in, instead of like an unsure nerdy omega which he was at university.

He had tried so hard to no longer be the same person he was then. He didn't want to be that person anymore. That person was a sweet and kind omega, who loved their soulmate so much that even if they never met the soulmate, people still teased him saying that they got diabetes from just listening to him.

Oh, how time had changed.

Sometimes, Namjoon craved going back to these times, going back to university or even before. Where all he wanted and craved was his soulmate. Where love was enough.

So much had changed, Namjoon had changed, and he always told himself that no matter what, he didn't want to go back.

"Why are you still here? It is midnight." the voice behind him was so sudden that he flinched, swiping at his table, multiple different items ending up on the ground, among them a long emptied coffee cup, and multiple different pens that Namjoon swore always disappeared when he needed them, and a long-suffering wireless keyboard that clattered loudly as it hit the ground.

For just a second, Namjoon just stared at the items on the floor, trying to take in exactly what had happened. His exhausted brain went in a bit of a loop, as he just stared at the blurred form on the ground. Without his contact or his glasses, he wasn't really able to see much.

"Namjoon are you okay?" The voice behind him again, and now that Namjoon was the slightest bit more aware he recognised the voice of his boss. Old man Jang.

Of course, none of them would ever call him that to his face.

He was kind, as kind as anybody could expect their boss to be. There was a reason that the company had some of the longest-running workers. When you first got a job at the company, it was rare that people wanted to leave, and Old Man Jang was a big part of the reason.

He was an elderly omega, and in all honesty, Namjoon had nothing, but respect for him. Once, Namjoon had overheard somebody ask him how he managed to be such a good company leader while also being an omega.

The older man's laughter had made Namjoon's entire stomach feel warm and happy as he overheard the answer in a voice full of light and softness "I am a good leader because I am an omega, not in spite of it."

That was the kind of omega that Namjoon hoped to be one day.

A leader.

A strong man.