That Genshin AU nobody wanted (Vmon)(Genshin AU)(NSFW)

Written for Villain Fest

______

Exactly what were you meant to do, when the man you had fallen in love with, the first person you felt connected to in over 2000 years, were actually sent to not just steal your godhood, but also destroy the city you were the god of and had built yourself thousand of years ago?

That was a question that Namjoon still didn't know the answer to.

A bigger question was probably, why was he still in love with the man?

Taehyung... loud out going Taehyung. A man that had finally made Namjoon feel something again, he was the first person to do that since Hwasa's death almost 2000 years ago.

Now everything had changed, he was no longer the great and unbeatable Rex Lapis, the god of contracts and patron saint of Liyue, the creator of the world's currency, and the only minter of Mora in the world.

Instead, he was a mortal now, well semi mortal. He probably would never die of old age, and he could still take his archon form, but he was probably not destroying any gods are cities until he got his gnosis back... if he ever got it back of course.

Now he was just Kim Namjoon, consultant of the funeral home. A job he was very good at, which did make sense since he was old enough to have given the funeral rights to the first humans Liyue so many years ago.

Oh, the curse of immortality.

He normally didn't zone out like this, it wasn't a good look for him, but with what had happened the day before, he felt that he could be excused. That was why he was so surprised and taken aback when the loud "HYUNG!" was yelled not far behind him.

Namjoon knew that voice, instinctively he relaxed, as he had done so many times before his brain caught up to exactly what was going on, he couldn't trust that voice anymore. Not after what had happened "Oh, Taehyung." he kept his voice steady, not wanting to give away the war that was going on in his mind.

Taehyung looked as good as he had last time Namjoon had seen him... which were right after he had released a god to destroy Liyue and Lisa had taken his gnosis in the trade.

Just as he had the last time they had talked, Taehyung was acting like nothing was wrong. Like this didn't change anything "we always meet for lunch on Thursdays, but you weren't at the regular spot where we meet, I was getting worried, did you forget Hyung?" the younger man was grinning at him.

He looked beautiful, there was no other way of putting it. The light wind from the harbour blowing made Taehyung's orange hair lightly sway in the wind, his long red scarf trailing behind him kept from hanging slack by the same wind. Namjoon was sure he had never seen a more beautiful man, and that hurt, because in all honesty, Namjoon was not sure that Taehyung was not gonna attempt to kill him again.

Things were so complicated now, and as a god... well a former god, he should have been able to figure it out, but as Taehyung smiled that warm smile at him, his mind went blank "I am sorry, I must have forgotten, there is so much on mind recently, please forgive me." What had recently happened was the betrayal, but he didn't say it, instead just let it hang in the air, hoping that Taehyung would figure it out himself.

Instead, the Fatui harbinger just grinned at him, happy and wide "let's go get lunch then! I am sure that this time I will defeat the chopsticks!" Namjoon couldn't help it but have a small smile spread on his lips as he chuckled.

They didn't use chopsticks in Snezhnaya where the younger man was from, and since they had met the first time Taehyung had at every meal attempted to figure out how to use the chopsticks, refusing the other utensils offered to him.