Friendly knotting (NamGI)(Omegaverse+Canon)(NSFW)

The first time Namjoon talked about his fear, they weren't even together

The first time Namjoon talked about his fear, they weren't even together. They were drunk lying on the floor of Yoongi's studio.

They had finally finished the song they were working on and had decided to celebrate, and the best way to celebrate was with alcohol and greasy takeout food that they would never tell anybody about.

They had been young, barely out of boyhood, still waiting to debut.

Yoongi knew that Namjoon was an omega. After all, that was hard to miss with his sweet peach scent, but the part of his brain that he would later come to realise as his inner alpha hadn't understood it yet.

Namjooon was just Namjoon.

They were talking about their future. Neither of them had really expected to become idols, but suddenly they were about to be, and neither really knew how to deal with it.

Yoongi could not remember how they had gotten to the point, alcohol was a wonderful thing, but at some point, Namjoon had confessed that he was scared about being an omega idol. He was worried about what it meant for his future, especially since they had both seen the visuals they wanted to push Namjoon with, which were very alpha-like.

"The only people who will be interested in me will be like extreme alpha alphas, if you get what I mean, somebody who wants to put a mouthy omega in his place! My first time and knotting will be so violent!" Namjoon was whining as he guided the bottle of soju to his lips as he polished it off, letting it drop back down to the floor next to his head.

"I am sure it will be fine," Yoongi mumbled as he was getting tired, his eyelids heavy, and he was trying really hard not to think about the image that the younger rapper was creating in his mind.

They didn't talk more about it that night, and Yoongi really did try his best to push the thought out of his mind. It really was better for him not to think about his friend in that way.

He and Namjoon were friends, and it really was not appropriate for Yoongi to think about his friend getting knotted. Yoongi was not that kind of alpha. He was not some knot-head thinking with his dick that couldn't have omega friends cause he couldn't control himself!

Time passed, as time had the habit of doing.

Yoongi would not admit it, but he couldn't help but dislike the people Namjoon were dating. The conversation about knotting still stuck in the back of his mind, no matter how much he tried to forget it.

The younger omega only dated two people through the first 6 years as BTS, and both of them were assholes in Yoongi's opinion, and both times Namjoon broke up with them before they got to the knotting part of the relationship.

They had sex, that much was clear, but no knotting happened.

The way Yoongi knew that was not because he was a creep, but because after 6 years, they were still best friends, and it didn't matter that Yoongi was an alpha. Namjoon still talked to him like anybody else, which included his knotting issues.