Enigma (Ot7)(SFW)(hurt + Comfort)(Part 1)

Next part of daffodils are coming! But this was a commission and they always take prio!

_____________________

Namjoon was always there

There was no other way of putting it.

Seokjin might be older than Namjoon, but for as long as he could remember being BTS, Namjoon was always there.

There wasn't a memory Seokjin had with these six men that he adored that wasn't shaded with Namjoon. There wasn't a struggle Seokjin had faced that didn't have Namjoon as at least part of the solution.

Namjoon being there was as easy as breathing. At first, it had been a bit overwhelming when they had first met. Seokjin was sure there was some kind of catch. Nobody was this nice and kind, especially if they were meant to be the leader.

He kept waiting for the shoe to drop, for Namjoon's mask to slide, for this boy who wasn't yet a man to show another side.

There was no other side. It wasn't a play; it was just who Namjoon was.

It was so easy to fall into a rhythm of just trusting that Namjoon knew what was going on, that Namjoon had it all under control.

Yeah, Seokjin and Yoongi helped keep things under control in the dorm, but Namjoon was always the buffer between the rest of BTS and management.

Seokjin didn't even know when it had just become the norm. He wasn't sure when he had just accepted that he didn't have to deal with the pressures of management, that Namjoon handled it for them.

Maybe, he liked to believe that he had just thought that management had stopped being demanding little shit heads. That there was much less pressure on them as they became superstars, it was so easy to miss as they had all moved out of the dorms. They no longer noticed when Namjoon was pulled from his bed after barely a few hours, forced to take meetings that really one of them should probably at least have been part of.

Again.

Maybe he just didn't want to see.

Seokjin wasn't proud of it, of course! But lying to himself had never gotten him very far in life. Lying to other people... there was an argument to be made for that at least, but lying to himself... yeah, that was never helpful.

So, he had to admit that maybe he just didn't want to see it. If he didn't see it, if none of them saw it, then they didn't share part of the guilt.

It was only much later, probably way too late, that Seokjin realized just how wrong it was. It was only then that the blinders he had willfully been wearing were ripped off.

It was a calm evening. Seokjin was in his own apartment, twirling a glass of wine with his legs happily over Namjoon's lap as they had a light conversation.

As much as Seokjin loved spending time with all seven of them, there was always something special about having a few hours alone with Namjoon, just having the other man comfortable and happy while in Seokjin's space.