Frozen Heart (NamKook)(Wolf omegaverse)(NSFW)

This is my giveaway fic for my Yule time giveaway that I had on my twitter!

I am gonna do another fic giveaway when I hit 1M hits on my ao3! You of course don't have to follow my Ao3 or read my fics there, just follow my twitter where I will announce it!

https://twitter.com/PrussiaSheiala

_________________

Namjoon... did not like mating season.

Well that was a lie, he liked mating season, spring was his favourite season, green starting to pop up everywhere and the weather getting warmer, making him able to lie in both his human and wolf form to enjoy the sunshine.

It was more the mating part of the mating season that he struggled with.

The mating season always meant a mating run, back in the day it was a terrifying thing, a time when omegas would be sent to run only to be taken and claimed against their will, but nowadays it was much more modern, and mainly used as a way for alphas to express their intention towards an omega.

Yes, sometimes they would mate that night, with the moon and stars as their witnesses, and the alpha would carry the omega home to their den, covering them in furs that the alpha themselves had hunted. It was a traditional way to show that the alpha would always keep the omega warm, but there wasn't always mating with it.

One thing was always clear, an omega would always be hunted, by at least a few alphas, and then they would choose which one they would spend the night with. Be that talking or mating.

There were many more alphas than omegas in the pack, so an omega not being hunted was something unheard of.

That was until Namjoon came along.

Namjoon had always known he was different, and so had everybody else. It was hard to miss since Namjoon didn't really look like an omega, and it was even worse when he was just a kid. Back then he was easily a head or more taller than even alphas. It was something that stood out, while his growth had slowed, he was still taller than most of his alpha year mates.

He was tall and lean, nothing like his fellow omegas, he put on muscle quicker than even betas. His facial features were rough as well, always much stronger and fitting those of an alpha much better.

Maybe he would have found love in a different pack, a warrior pack where omegas with his built were adored, but there was just one problem. Namjoon didn't have the personality to pack up his looks.

When people saw him they always assumed that he was a fighter, that he was somebody who could throw a punch and fight like a warrior, but Namjoon was more of a lover type.

He was well known in the pack as a treehugger, he helped run the agriculture of the pack, even though that was normally a beta's job. His den was filled with tiny little plants, and he had made sure that there were enough holes so they could get sunlight, something completely unnatural for wolves like them.

So yeah, Namjoon was different, but he hadn't thought it would be that bad! Yeah, he was a little strange, but with a ratio of 3 alpha's per 1 omega somebody would have to be interested in him, right?! Maybe not enough to go straight for mating, but watching the stars and holding hands would have been enough for Namjoon.

So for his first year during the mating run, he ran at a fast, but not a too fast pace, towards the hill that only he knew how to find. It was the perfect spot to watch the moonrise and the stars dance, nobody else came there cause they had to cross a dangerous river, but if you were fast like Namjoon, and clever, you could easily do it.

He was happy and eager for somebody to join him. Namjoon would be lying if he said that didn't have his eyes on a few different alphas, but he was more than happy to start the first steps of courting with pretty much anybody.