Why am I the baby? (NamVMinKook)(Canon-verse)(Rated M)

Written for Polyam fest 2021

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

"Nooo Joonie wants to sit on my lap." The argument was a silly and petty one, but it left Namjoon with a warm feeling in his chest.

Just 4 months ago, he had never even been kissed, let alone had a boyfriend.

They were busy idols, and he was gay. Part of him had just accepted that there would be no happy end for him. It was all too complicated, the chance that somebody would first have to find out that he was gay, being into guys themselves, and then be okay with keeping it a secret.

That... that just wouldn't happen.

Namjoon had come to terms with that. He was happy just being the leader of BTS, and maybe kinda having a bit of a crush on the 3 younger members of his group.

Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook had been together since shortly after Jungkook's 19th birthday, and they didn't try to hide it. 5 years later, they were still together happily, and Namjoon was still suppressing a crush.

At first, it had been easy to just assume, to just pretend that the reason he had a crush was because they had what he wanted. A polyamorous gay relationship, the dream Namjoon never believed he would get.

5 years later, it was harder to stick to that idea.

It was harder to deny his eyes straying. It was harder to deny the dreams he kept having. It was harder to deny his heart speeding up and his blood pumping hard whenever one of them touched him.

That... was harder to deny.

Still, Namjoon ignored those feelings. The three of them were happy, and there was no way in hell that Namjoon would do anything to even change that. He had accepted that there was no happy end for him, so why would he try to ruin something good and precious the three of them had.

( maybe a part of him was a bit insecure as well, he was older than them, but they all had so much more experience than him. Who would even want him, those were the thoughts going through his mind late at night, when he was alone in the darkness.)

Then everything changed.

He didn't have to suppress it, he didn't need to suppress it, cause they liked him back. The looks that he had thrown at them had been thrown back to him.

Three had become four, and somehow Namjoon had gone from never being kissed, to having three boyfriends he very much loved.

Still, he wasn't sure how the hell HE had ended up being the baby in this relationship.

"You could also sit on my lap." Namjoon couldn't stop himself from giggling, they were all three so silly and lovely that there was nothing else to do.

They were having their break, for the first time in what felt like forever. While Namjoon did want to go back on stage, did want to perform and show what they had made, it still felt good to have a bit of a break. It was the first time that they had a break since Namjoon had joined their relationship.

He still had his own apartment outside of the dorm, but he spent most of the break at the maknae-lines shared apartment, which they had somehow magically managed to hide from the fans.

Jungkook and Jimin both pouted at that, only making it harder for Namjoon to hide his giggling "but it's better when you sit on our laps."

"Why is that?"

Jungkook just looked at him with a none too impressed look, as if he shouldn't even need to explain. And yeah, Namjoon had just learned to accept it.