Enigma (final)

Never before had Seokjin felt as if he was in trouble with Bang PD. Well, of course, they had been in trouble when they had done something stupid, but this felt different. This felt as if the older man was one sigh away from saying, "I am not angry, I am just disappointed."

The worst part was that Seokjin had no idea what they could possibly have done to disappoint this man so much that he was now looking at all of them with that specific look in his eyes. Well, that was when he actually looked at them; he was going between reading some papers, making notes, and then looking back up at them.

Six of them had gathered in the small room that Bang PD used as his office. It was fascinating that, even after achieving so much success, the older man preferred the comfortable small office over the big fancy one he sometimes used for meetings.

Namjoon was missing, something that all of them were very aware of. They hadn't seen him for more than a day, and not a single message was delivered by Namjoon himself. Their management seemed to be giving them the cold shoulder as well.

"Are we waiting for Namjoon?" It was Jungkook's hesitant voice that broke the standstill they were in.

Without looking up, Bang PD answered in a steadfast voice, "No, we are not."

"Oh," was the only answer that Jungkook could seemingly manage as silence once again fell over them. And once again, it felt like an oppressive blanket hanging over their heads; all they could hear was the scratching of paper as the pen flew over it.

Never before had a pen been so loud.

Seokjin yearned to scream, to create any form of noise, even the faintest sound.

He wanted to know where Namjoon was, what the hell was going on, and where was Namjoon?

Still, he stayed quiet.

Somehow, he knew that it wouldn't be good if they broke the silence. That this oppressive feeling served as more of a test than anything else.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Bang PD set down the pen and, looking at them, his eyes gliding from one person to another, said, "Now, who would like to tell me what the hell is going on?"

This was not what Seokjin had anticipated, and in all honesty, he had no idea how he was even meant to answer that. Instead, he awkwardly looked from the older man to the rest of his group, hoping that maybe one of them knew what they were meant to say here.

Nothing.

All of them seemed equally confused and unsure about what the hell was being talked about. It was Yoongi who spoke up, "I don't think anything is going on outside of this meeting being weird. Is Namjoon okay?"

It seemed that Seokjin himself was not the only one with Joon on the brain.

It earned them a sigh from Bang PD, who seemed even more disappointed in them. "So, I heard that you two," his eyes slid from Yoongi to Seokjin and back, "are to be the new leaders of BTS, since you have been unhappy with your current leadership. Is there something about that you would like to explain, then?"

Now, that was not what any of them had expected.

They all just stared for a moment as the words that had been said started to sink into their apparently very tiny brains. Then, all hell broke loose as they all sprung from their seats, all speaking at the same time with no rhyme or reason.

Seokjin knew that since he could hear what the fuck they were saying, just loud indiscriminate shouts of the words "Namjoon," "What the fuck?," "No?!" and various other noises, they were showing their disapproval. They had no idea what the hell Bang PD thought was happening.