Eli: How Julia Nichols Found Her Way Into My Life/Just the Highlights (4)

I met Julia Nichols in seventh grade. I suppose she told you how when she first saw me I was reading Twilight, which she probably just did to piss me off, she does that, but I didn't notice her until later. Well, I guess I noticed her but I didn't notice her, like actually putting a name to a face and everything, until a few weeks later.

Not that I ever wanted her in my life. She just walked up to me one day and started talking. Sure it was only because everyone else in the class was talking and we were both sitting alone and trying not to care about it but it didn't mean that she had to stay in my life after that.

Like she never left. She insisted on sticking around and being a pain in my ass. Not that I didn't try to bother her, I did, but that's only because it was so damn entertaining.

Granted I know now that it all worked out, that it's better to be fighting with Julie than not talking to her. That girl doesn't mince any words. Sometimes, but only sometimes, that's the kind of person a guy needs around. Just don't tell her that.

 Just don't tell her that

"Hey Eli."

"Crazy girl."

"How long are you going to keep calling me that?"

"For as long as it pisses you off."

"Well you're just a charmer."

"Don't talk to me like that too much, I might just have to make you fall in love with me."

"What?"

"We're the perfect cliche, the charmer and the crazy bitchy girl."

"Excuse me, did you say bitchy?"

"Come on, it's the perfect teen movie. It would make so much money!"

"Rich? Keep talking."

"We can fall in love and make money by selling the rights to some studio. And then I'll keep all the profits."

"Yeah, I'm going to go with no."

"Your loss."

"Not really."

"Okay crazy lady."

"Okay Narcissus."

"Did you just use Greek mythology to insult me?"

"Maybe."

"You're such a nerd."

"Leave me alone."

"Never."