Julie: What Happened That Night/Just the Highlights (90)

Usually I save this note until the end but I thought I should give you guys a heads up before you read this. I came up with this whole story line a while ago and didn't even think about the weirdness of it all. I mean, I did think about it but I haven't for a while.

Basically what I want to say is this: I think Julie is being stupid. I think that having casual sex isn't the best thing but definitely isn't the worst thing in the world, as long as its consensual and both parties know that it is casual. But I believe that sex is a thing that makes someone very emotionally vulnerable and shouldn't be taken lightly, especially your first time. I don't think that Julie or anyone else should have sex with someone to just "get rid" of their virginity. It's fucked up, like Eli said. But I think that Julie is a teenage girl with hurt feelings so her logic was that she loved Eli and he loved her and even though it's not the right kind of love, it's better than feeling like she wasted her opportunity to have sex with someone in that high-school first-timey way.

So basically know that I'm not encouraging people to do this in any way. Now read on.

~~~

Mateo and I broke up before Thanksgiving of my freshman year in college. It was an amicable breakup, Teo was not a cruel guy and he was not one to hold a grudge and neither was I. But even in the most amicable break ups had hurt feelings. We broke up because he had found someone else, nothing had happened, it's not one of those stories, but it made him realize that the distance was killing us and that he felt like we should end it because he knew we'd both be lying if we said we hadn't been attracted to other people. So that was it.

I wasn't upset about the break up per say, what Teo had said made sense. But I felt like a failure, a screw up. I had dated this guy and now it was over and I felt like I had missed out on my first months of college. It made no sense but I felt like I was a virgin for nothing! Judge me if you'd like but I was a college girl with hurt feelings, it happens.

So I made a decision: I would figure out a way to get rid of my virginity. No, not in a one night stand, but I would find someone that I cared about that cared about me and that would be that.

So I went to the only person I could think of: Eli. And that changed everything.

"It's not as weird as I thought it would be

"It's not as weird as I thought it would be."

"Not as weird as you thought it would be, what I always dreamed you'd say when you kissed me."

"So you dreamed about me kissing you?"

"There's the ego I've always known. I was afraid it was lost forever. How could I have ever survived?"

"Face it, Nichols, you need me to keep from dying of boredom. No other guy can give you what I can."

"A headache? I think plenty of them can. And if that fails, there's always alcohol."