Eli: What Happened Next/Just the Highlights (248)

So that's when happened, the whole story. Probably more the whole story than you had ever heard before, probably more than you ever wanted to hear. But there is is, all out there. At least the stuff that matters. I know when everything happened, when Julie and I finally got together, we told you an even more abridged story but I think it's good that we just talk about this. I really think so.

Okay, I just have one more thing to tell you. You were there so you don't really need to be told but you were little and you might as well know. It sort of completes the story. Everything that happened after completes the story. And there's no way I could finish this discussion, as much as you probably want it to be over, without fully completing the story. That's just not right to not complete it.

After Julie and I confessed our feelings (that sounds so cheesy but that's basically what happened), we walked back to the party to tell our friends (and finish the birthday cake). We were practically giddy and it didn't take long for everyone to notice that something had gone down when we had rushed off to be alone. Pretty soon everyone had heard the story and we were surrounded by our loved ones, who were naturally asking all sorts of questions (most of them impolite, which is just like them). We tried to appease them the best we could but they would not leave us alone. It took us hours to get them out of the house to go home.

Because of our, well, unique, situation, Julie and I didn't really know what to do next. Did we go on a date? Did she move in (there was no talk of moving you)? Did we get married? There wasn't a rulebook for this sort of thing. So it took a while but a few months later we (meaning me) figured out a solution that would fix everything forever. I gathered up all my courage and just decided to propose for once and for all.

And what do you know? She said yes.

 "Julie."

"..."

"Julie."

"..."

"Julie?"

"..."

"Julie!"

"What!"

"I'm trying to talk to you!"

"I'm trying to listen to music!"

"Well I'm sorry that I would want to talk to my wife."

"You're allowed to talk to me, I like it when you do. But we've been sitting here twenty minutes while you work and you decided you try to talk to me right after I put my headphones in."

"It wasn't right after."

"It totally was."

"Fine, maybe it was. But I'm bored..."

"I don't care..."

"Come on, just entertain me."

"Entertain yourself, I'm trying to read."

"Pretty please?'

"No."

"All right."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Julie?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."