Julie: The End/Just the Highlights (250)

Like your dad said, he proposed a few months after what happened at my birthday party. And as you would know, we got married and we all lived happily ever after. At least, for the most part. Eli and I were never good at doing things the normal way so it was only natural that our happily ever after wasn't anywhere near normal. But don't be fooled, we were happy. We were very, amazingly, ridiculously, happy. Somehow we were able to become a family. We were finally a real family. Me, Eli, and you.

Sure, that's not exactly the end of the story. For all Eli's talk of "completing" the story, it's not over. Not yet. In a way it's just beginning. But now it's a different sort of story. It's not just a story that just talks about Eli and I's weird relationship. Sure, it's not the full story but it has the parts that matters. It's easy for someone to just assume that the story is about Eli and I and nothing else but it's not. You'd think that by just hearing the premise but it's definitely not. Instead it's a story that includes so much more than he and I. It includes you and your mom and Casey. It even includes Grace and babies, Jack and Mason.

In the end, that's why we told you this story. We always agreed that everyone deserved to know where they came from and in a way this is where you came from. There's plenty other stories your dad could tell you about your mom, and I hope you ask him to tell them, but this story is the first step in being able to fully understand them. Hopefully when we finish talking you won't run out of the house in horror, but I do understand if it does make you do that. It's only natural. But just know that we both love you very much and that we told you to help you, not hurt you.

 But just know that we both love you very much and that we told you to help you, not hurt you

"So that's all of it?"

"That's all of it."

"Wow, that was..."

"Traumatizing?"

"Horrifying?"

"Vomit inducing?"

"No...'

"That's good. I was worried there for a little while."

"A lot worried you mean."

"I mean, we thought telling you was a good idea at first but then it just got weird."

"Seriously weird."

"You guys shouldn't be worried."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Why not?"

"Because I've already heard like half of the story. Not all of it but enough to know that you guys are weird."

"You have?"

"It's not exactly a secret."

"That is true."

"So you're sure you're okay?"

"I'm sure."

"I'm so glad."

"Can we get something to eat now?"

"Of course."

"Want to order a pizza?"

"Always."

"I'll go grab the phone."

"Make sure to get the stuffed crust!"

"And a side of ranch!"

"I know, I know."

"Julie?"

"Yes?'

"I'm glad you told me."

"I'm glad that you're glad, sweet pea."

"You were right, it's nice to know where you come from, no matter how bizarre that place is."

~~~

So there is is, the very last chapter of JTH. Can you believe that it's finally over? I can't. But I'm sure it will hit me sometime tonight and I'll be a complete mess. But for now I'm just going to keep calm and wrap up this story and hopefully update TSM tonight as well. That seems like a solid plan.

Here's what will happen next. Later today, I will post a formal "Thank You" to people I want to specifically thank for supporting me and this story. I will also post the rules to the second one shot contest (the rules will explain all the details) and the part where I will post the JTH Q and A on June 26th. Yes! A Q and A! I don't know if any of you are actually interested in submitting questions but check out the part when it's posted if you are.

I also have some non-JTH related plans for today. Like I said, I'm hoping to update TSM but I will also be posting sneak peaks for my upcoming stories! They will be posted as their own individual stories so follow me if you want to know when they're up. And, if you haven't noticed already, I changed and tweaked a few of my covers.

Anyway, that's my plan. I don't know what I'll do after that, maybe take a nap, but who knows? I'll see you all later and thank you for everything.