Eli: Impersonal/Just the Highlights (128)

So Julie and I slept together again. I know Julie said a bunch of thoughtful and hopeful things about it, and I have to agree, but at the time I felt a little differently. Because even though at the time I wanted to do it (do I have to explain hormones to you guys again?), I wished I had picked better timing. Not necessarily when she was with Jeremy, that's a line I would never cross (no matter how much I didn't like him), but if she hadn't gone out with him at all. Like if we did it a few months before graduation. But the night of her goodbye party? Before she left to start a new phase in her life? It just seemed wrong.

Julie and I had been friends for years, and I knew we would still be friends for years. I also knew that our friendship wouldn't always be this way, things change. So I didn't want for this last night I spent with her, before things changed, to just be sex. We'd known each other too long for that. It was so impersonal. The next morning she was leaving and I thought with my other brain. It was stupid.

"So this is it

"So this is it."

"Seems like it. Do you have everything?"

"I think so."

"Okay, so goodbye."

"Bye."

"Don't let Tyler drive too fast. He gets a little crazy sometimes and we don't need to have you dying before you even get on the plane."

"I'll make sure he doesn't."

"All right."

"Okay."

"See you around, Jules."

"See you later, Eli."