Julie: Distant/Just the Highlights (66)

After the whole "prom incident," I expected things to be different. Not life-changing different but at least a little bit different. And they were, just not in the way I thought they would be.

Like I said, things were sort of the same but there was one difference: Eli. I had supposed that one change would be that he would be friendlier or something but he wasn't. He became more distant, quieter, aloof.

I figured it was because our friends were trying to get us together again, and I understood that reaction. But as time went on he stayed that way, always farther and farther away. I didn't really try to bring him back, or reel him in or whatever, but I can't say that I didn't miss him. I just realized that there was no use in trying to bring him back. Eli would only come back when he wanted to. I just wished it wasn't something I did. I didn't like the feeling of walking around and knowing that I had upset someone.

It was almost the end of the year so I let it drop and when we got back to school, he was closer to normal. Then again, there was no normal for Eli. Either way, we were on speaking terms again so I left it at that.

 Either way, we were on speaking terms again so I left it at that

"Hey Eli."

"Oh. Hi."

"How's it going?"

"It's going."

"That's good!"

"Why are you so chipper?'

"I just am I guess."

"Okay."

"So everything's good with you?"

"Yep."

"Awesome!"

"See ya."

"Oh. Okay. Bye?"