Julie: Friends/Just the Highlights (94)

When I left Eli's apartment the next morning, I was scared. Not of what I had just done, I had decided that what was done was done, but I was scared that I would lose him. That he was wrong and that it would be weird between us. It didn't matter what we had lasted though before, it only took one moment to ruin something. Especially something as fragile as my friendship with him.

So I decided to avoid him until I felt like I could look him in the eye. That night had been great but we both knew that it was temporary. Even if he was cool with the whole thing, I was an awkward human being and there was no guarantee that I could be cool with anything to do with him ever again.

But, for maybe the first time, Elliot Masters was right. I saw him that very morning, he must have been looking for me, I didn't usually see him, and he was friendly, which allowed me to be. There was no need to be awkward. We weren't Eli and Julie, former friends because they stupidly had sex. We were Eli and Julie, friends. And it was nice.

 And it was nice

"Julie!"

"..."

"Jules!"

"..."

"Julia!"

"Holy shit! You scared me, Eli."

"Well you weren't paying attention when I called you."

"I had my headphones in, sorry."

"How are you?"

"I'm okay. You?"

"I'm good. Heading to class?"

"No, back to my dorm. Where are you going?"

"I have class."

"You should probably get going then."

"Yeah I don't want to be late. I'll see you, okay?"

"Yeah, I'll see you."

"..."

"..."

"Wait, Jules."

"Yes?"

"I told you it wouldn't be weird."

"I guess you're right for once."

"There's a first time for everything."