Julie: Fate/Just the Highlights (82)

In the beginning of September, a few weeks before I left for Oregon, I began the long process of packing up my life up to that point into little cardboard boxes. It was a difficult process since I am a sort of hoarder (not of the Hoarders but the friendly kind Mindy Kaling describes) and also because some of my friends were already leaving for school so every night there was a goodbye party or a last hurrah to go to.

But on that certain day, I had nothing to do but pack. For years the main fixture in my room was my six bookcases, five of which from IKEA, that were of various heights and were against every wall in the room except the one with my window, which was where my bed was. So my task for the day was figuring out what books I wanted to take with me. Was I doing that task at the time? No, I was on my phone and avoiding my task.

Then, I got a text from a friend of mine. She had exciting news. What was this exciting news? That our own Eli Masters had not left for Columbia's special pre-pre-med program as planned but instead had started to repack because he was going somewhere very different than New York. Where? Eugene, Oregon. Eli and I were going to the same college.

 Eli and I were going to the same college

11:31AM: Teo

11:33AM: Teo...

11:37AM: TEO

11:41AM: MATEO CHECK YOUR PHONE

11:43AM: Yes?

11:45AM: Jeez, dude, check your phone more often.

11:50AM: Sorry, hun, I was doing this magical thing called sleeping.

11:52AM: Whatever. But I have news.

11:55AM: Which is?

11:57AM: Eli is going to U of O. I just found out.

11:59AM: Oh the irony lol. You know what that makes me think of?

12:03PM: What?

12:05PM: Of romantic comedies.

12:07PM: Gross. Why?

12:10PM: Because if this was one of those movies, this would be the part where you fell in love with him.

12:12PM: Well I'm with you so no worries about that lol

12:15PM: I sure hope so cause, come on, I'd hope you guys would be more creative than that.