Julie: Ryan/Just the Highlights (174)

Ryan went out on that first date that week and then we went out the next night and then the night after that. We didn't go out that Monday but that was because it was Monday and we had to work. Within a few weeks we had started dating steadily and it was nice. It had been a couple of years since I had dated someone steadily, since Jeremy to be exact, and I was kind of out of practice but it was fun getting into it again. Yeah there had been guys in between but no one serious. I had had some time to have casual dating and now I had a serious relationship that was anything but serious.

I mean, it was serious in the whole "we're exclusive and dating" way but not in the "we've been dating __ weeks so we have to ____" kind of thing. We had talked about it and decided to just be casual and enjoy each other's company. Our jobs were so time consuming and we were lucky to get Friday or Saturday nights off so it was better to be casual and not have to obsess about things like one month anniversaries and the like. We were able to have fun without worrying about whether or not the other person was sleeping with someone else or other horrible things single people had to worry about.

And don't worry, this isn't a story that ends with me telling you Ryan cheated on me. He really was a good guy. He was a good guy, I promise. Yes, things between me and him had to end eventually, but it wasn't because of something either of us did. It was just the way things ended up. If things were meant to be then you always find your way back to one another and Ryan and I never did. It was a sign that it wasn't meant to be and I get that. He was a sweet guy and I was happy to have our time together but I don't think I missed out on a lifetime of happiness because our relationship ended. Sometimes you just have to make your peace with that.

But let me tell you, it was fun while it lasted.

"Truth or dare."

"Not this again."

"Come on! Just choose."

"This is so juvenile."

"So?"

"It's making me realize that I'm dating a twelve-year-old."

"Get over yourself, Jules. Just choose an option."

"Fine... Truth."

"Choose dare."

"Why?"

"I have a really good dare picked out."

"That totally defeats the purpose of truth or dare."

"Then what do you want to do instead?"

"Eat and enjoy my dinner. That is what you're supposed to do when you go to a restaurant."

"You're so boring."

"Only boring people get bored. And since you're the one bored right now I think you're wrong about me being boring."

"That was literally a fancy version of saying 'I know you are but what am I' you know."

"And I don't care. Eat your dinner."

"You're so cute when you're annoyed."

"Do you know when you're cute?"

"When."

"When you're quiet."

"You wound me, madame."

"Oh calm down."

"How could I stay with someone who is so mean to me?"

"Because you like that I'm so mean to you."

"True."

"Besides, you're cute at other times I guess."

"Aw, you love me."

"Shut up."

"You do care about me!"

"Shh! You'll make a scene."

"This is a scene-worthy event. Julia Nichols finally admitted that she one, found me attractive and two, cares about me."

"I did no such thing."

"Fine, you admitted the first one. But at some point I will get you to admit the second very soon."

"Oh really."

"Really. Just wait, Jules. Just wait..."

"You're insane."

"And so are you so it doesn't matter."

"Whatever."

"Oh I love the way you say whatever. It's so sweetly apathetic."

"How did you know that my goal in life is to be sweetly apathetic?"

"Because I'm a genius."

"Sure..."

"Fine, I may not be a genius but I must have good taste in women, right? I picked the right one in you, anyway."

"That's very true. Good job."

"You know, this is when you're supposed to say you picked the right guy in me."

"I know."

"Are you going to say it?"

"No."

"Wow."

"What?"

"Nothing. Just wow."

"I'm going to take that as a good thing."

"Perspective is reality I guess."

~~~

THIS ACCOUNT REACHED 3K FOLLOWERS YESTERDAY AHHHH.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH.

Really, in all seriousness, it was only a couple of weeks ago that I was thanking you all for 2K followers and now this account has 3K

Really, in all seriousness, it was only a couple of weeks ago that I was thanking you all for 2K followers and now this account has 3K. You're all amazing and I don't deserve you.