Julie: 21/Just the Highlights (102)

Ah the twenty first birthday... A time of change and a time of drinking for everyone involved. I'd love to say that I was more responsible and didn't drink like a fish and instead had a good time with my friends but did not act crazy. I can't say that.

I did have a good time. A group of all my friends, girls and guys alike, went out the night of my birthday and went to a concert and then a bar. It made me feel so grown up. And like a good grown up, I succumbed to peer pressure. Somewhere around an hour later I was singing at the top of my lungs and Jeremy was looking at me like he didn't know who the hell I was. Not that I actually remember this. But Eli took a picture of it and it's quite humiliating. I should remember to find a burn all copies of that...

Anyway, I was a huge cliche that night. But cliches can be fun and it was fun. There's something nice about becoming legal, knowing that there's only one or two things you can't do because of your age (like rent a car), but there's so many things that you can do (vote, drink, get married). It's liberating.

 "Julie, are you okay?"

"Jules?"

"I'm okay, guys. Really. I'm good."

"I don't think you're supposed to be giggling as you say you're okay."

"Oh pish posh, Jere. Do you want to be called Jere? I mean, Jeremy is a good name but Jere sounds kind of hot.

"Okay, let's have you sit down. Eli can you help?"

"Sure thing."

"You guys are so boring."