Julie: Fighting/Just the Highlights (190)

Dating Casey was great and it got even better as time went on but, like with all relationships, we had our issues and fought from time to time. Most of those fights didn't even have anything to do with what was going on in our relationship at the moment, they were about before (the other time). As in, they were about high school and all the stuff that came with all of that, because nothing is more fun than dealing with high school stuff.

More specifically, we had differing opinions over the ten year high school reunion that was coming up. Spoiler alert: Casey wanted to go and I did not. He still kept in contact with all the people we were friends with in high school and I never had, except for a few people. And even those people were people I only really kept in contact with because of Eli, who wasn't a factor anymore.

Casey, however, didn't quite understand why I would want to go to a party in our hometown with people I didn't really like. He liked those people and seemed to never understand what I didn't like about those people. It would all be people that would judge me and would only talk to Casey and ask me about Eli. I just couldn't go, it would be awful.

    "Could we at least talk about this?"

    "No! I'm not going. You can go if you want to but I definitely won't."

    "I don't understand why you can't just suck it up! Will it really be that bad?"

    "Yes, it will! These people don't like me and I don't like them so I don't understand why I have to pay for airfare for this stupid thing."

    "Those people are people we've known for years and I'll pay for airfare if it's that important to you."

    "I don't want you to pay for the fucking airfare! I just don't want to go!"

    "Please just consider it!"

    "No."

    "Why can't you just try to see my side!"

    "Because I feel this strongly on my side! Just leave me alone, okay?"

     "Fine, whatever. I'll call you tonight."

    "Great."