Eli: Her Own Path/Just the Highlights (16)

In case you've been ignoring everything you've been told or everything that has been implied to you, Julie isn't great with conformity. She can get along people if she wants, but only if she really really wants to. She has this saying, that the only people who don't like her are people she doesn't like. And I will admit, it's mostly true.

For instance, most people who don't like Julie, or at least didn't like her when we were in school, don't like her because she was mean to them. I can't explain her reasons for being mean to them, cause come on, it's Julie, but no matter what her reasons she was mean to them. Julie is a master at being both a people person and a non-people person at the same time.

Anyway, back to my point: Julie isn't great with conformity. She spent most of elementary school and middle school getting along with all the so called "popular girls" until she just got tired of it. So little by little she made her own path.

Of course, she always did this by being a complete pain in the ass. Or, should I say, by being a complete pain in my ass. That girl seems all sweet and innocent but believe me, she's annoying and vicious and diabolical all in one. Okay she is sweet sometimes. But only sometimes.

 But only sometimes

"Eli."

"Julia."

"Julia?"

"What, am I only allowed to call you Julie now?"

"I'd prefer it but whatever."

"Whatever?"

"I'm not allowed to say whatever?"

"I'd prefer it if you didn't."

"Whatever."

"Come on, just stop it. It doesn't fit you to say that."

"Whatever, Elliot."

"And don't call me Elliot. It's weird."

"Whatever, I guess I won't, Elliot."

"Julia..."

"What, Elliot? What's the matter?"

"You're just doing this to be annoying."

"Never, Elliot. I could never do that."

"Jules, I've had a really long day. Just let me-"

"But Elliot, we have to bond! You've been avoiding me and I have to get your attention somehow."

"Julie..."

"Elliot."

"Stop it."

"Whatever, Elliot."

"Just stop it! You always have to get a rise out of everyone and I'm not in the mood so piss off."

"..."

"..."

"Eli?"

"Yes?"

"I know this is the wrong time but... I really like the nickname Jules."

"All right."

"I'm going to go then."

"Okay."

"Bye."

"Bye Jules."