Julie: Babysitting/Just the Highlights (218)

No matter how amicable my break up with Casey was, it still took me a couple of months to get over the whole relationship thing. But what helped get me through it was spending time with Eli, Nora, and Ava (particularly Ava). She was a sweet little thing and I took every chance I could get to babysit her. Sure, I did the whole "throw myself into my work thing" but hanging out with Ava kept me from becoming a complete recluse.

Casey was still around and we were cool but it wasn't like I was dating again or anything. I was figuring stuff out and one night was particularly helpful with that. I had just gotten to their house so Eli and Nora could go out on a date night when Nora pulled me aside. She told me all about their plan to possibly have a second child and how, if it was a girl, they would name her Julie. I mean, I didn't expect that at all because of my history with Eli, but I was touched just the same. It was so sweet of them to say that, even if they secretly didn't mean it (which I'd be okay with).

Naturally, I was so touched that I kind of freaked out when Nora told me. There was no way to not freak out when someone tells you something like that so I did the natural tearing up thing. But thankfully I was able to calm myself down and let them the two of them go on their date. Because we all know that that would have been awkward.

 Because we all know that that would have been awkward

 "Okay, we're heading off. Bye you two!"

"Bye!"

"Bye sweetie."

"Bye mommy."

"Julie, all the numbers are on the counter. Just-"

"Call if I need anything, I know. I'm an adult, remember?"

"Yes, sorry. Okay, we're off."

"See ya, weirdo. Bye Nora!"

"See you later!"

"So, Ava, what do you want to do tonight?"

"Hmm..."

"Hmm indeed. We have a lot of choices."

"So many choices..."

"We could play some games, do some puzzles, watch a movie."

"Let's watch a movie!"

"Okay, what kind of movie?"

"A DISNEY movie."

"Always a good choice. Who's your favorite Disney princess?"

"Ariel."

"Nice. I've always been partial to Sleeping Beauty myself."

"Then we should watch The Little Mermaid so you can see how much better Ariel is."

"Wow, what's with the sass, sweet pea?"

"You're sassy when you talk to my dad. You're even sassy with my MOM. No one's sassy with her."

"Still, you're a little young for sass."

"Can we just watch the movie?"

"Sure. But watch the sass, you have a long way to go before you can just be sassy whenever you want."

"I guess..."