Eli: They Call Me a Player/Just the Highlights (24)

What is it with people and labels? Is there nothing good on TV so they have to decide who is what and make it affect their entire lives? Maybe at the time I felt the same way but I don't understand it now. Nothing is that black and white.

Keep in mind that I do understand why they labeled me as a player. I can remember things I did, things I said, things that if someone did or said that to me, I'd think the same thing. But that doesn't mean it's true.

From about the middle of freshman year to almost the end of junior year, I didn't date. I'm not saying I just didn't have serious relationships. I'm saying that I didn't date at all. I just didn't want to.

I think Julie was one of the few people who understood it. And even if she didn't understand it, she was at least trying to understand. She always did her best to understand the contradictions that came from being friends with me. I just with I had realized how important it was to have someone like that. If I had known, I probably would've loved her because of that alone.

 If I had known, I probably would've loved her because of that alone

"Jules."

"Yeah?"

"How's it going?"

"It's fine."

"Did you hear about me and Kira?"

"How you guys broke up when we all came back from the college trip and she found out you flirted with every girl there."

"Not every girl."

"Most of them."

"True. I even flirted with you, which really made her think I was hooking up with everybody."

"Gee thanks."

"You know what I mean."

"Whatever."

"Come on..."

"You know what you are?"

"What am I."

"An asshole. You're an asshole."

"Jules, please."

"No. Bye."

"Julie!"

"..."

"Shit."