Julie: Reunions/Just the Highlights (194)

In the end, Casey got his way. He was able to get a deal on the plane tickets, made sure Kristy Rollins wouldn't be there, and made me a nice dinner. How could I not agree? To be honest, after our fight I thought about it again and realized that I was being pretty ridiculous. I had actually planned on telling him but then he did all of that so I just pretended he had convinced me (what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him).

Of course, even though my argument was ridiculous, I had been right. The reunion was awkward (Eli didn't go, so don't get too excited, that comes later) and I was awkward and it was overall a waste of my time. But Casey was happy and there was really no harm to me. If he was happy I was happy and vice versa. I'd make him come with me to some party he didn't want to go to next time and we'd be even.

But there was one problem during the night. I mean, one serious thing I actually had the right to get upset over. I was off getting us drinks (because there was no way I was going to be able to be pleasant this whole evening while being sober) when Casey ran into an old buddy of his. I was walking back to them and Casey's back was to me, which was a mistake. His buddy was asking him how our relationship was going and Casey, for some reason, decided to say that he and I were moving in together.

Yeah apparently I was the only one who was not aware of that fact. You can probably guess how I reacted.

 You can probably guess how I reacted

"Julie! Wait up!"

"Like hell I will."

"Please, just let me explain."

"What is there to explain? You're telling everyone we're moving in together when we're not."

"I know and it was stupid and I've been meaning to ask you. I want to ask you. But I was scared."

"Why?"

"Because I still feel like you're in love with someone else!"

"What! Who would I even be in love with?"

"You tell me! It's just a gut feeling."

"That's ridiculous. The only person I've dated in a while other than you is Ryan and I was nowhere near in love with him."

"It's just how I feel. How can I ask you to take the next step when I'm not sure if you even want to be with me?"

"I do want to take the next step! I'm not in love with someone else. I'm falling in love with you, dummy."

"You are?"

"Who knows why. But yes, for some reason I am."

"Okay."

"Tell me how I could be in love with someone else when I'm falling in love with you."

"..."

"Ask me."

"What?"

"Ask me to move in with you."

"Okay. Will you move in with me?"

"Yes."