Julie: All the Difference/Just the Highlights (106)

It was so nice not being around the same people all the time. In high school, there was one group of people you hung out with and that was it. But in college, there were so many more people to hang out with. Sure you had your close group of friends, but it was so much more open. Everyone had their different interests and that was okay. I liked it.

This was possible because I was somewhere where I didn't have to deal with people from home all the time. I only had Eli and he was perfectly fine with spending time with each other if we both wanted to, or not talk if that's what we wanted to do. It was nice.

College was when I was able to really feel content at school and around new people. I was able to find my own place and forget about all the stupidity I dealt with during high school. It was a time of new beginnings and I loved it. I wasn't trying to get rid of my past but I was relieved to have some separation from it all.

 I wasn't trying to get rid of my past but I was relieved to have some separation from it all

"Guess what."

"What?"

"Lizzy is coming to town."

"Lizzy? Lizzy McCarther is coming to town."

"Precisely."

"When?"

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Why didn't she tell us before?"

"Because that would make too much sense. Besides, if she told us before-"

"We would be able to convince her not to come and make plans to be somewhere far away when she gets here."

"Pretty much."

"Do you think she'll know?"

"Know what?"

"About that night."

"That night?"

"You know what night."

"Oh. That one. I was hoping there was some other night we wanted to hide from her."

"Nope, just the one."

"I'm sure she won't know."

"Lizzy knows everything."

"We'll just cross that bridge when we get to it, okay?"

"Okay."

"It's not exactly a secret."

"It's not exactly common knowledge either."

"I know, I know. Just calm down."

"Fine, I'm calm."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure."