Julie: Breakups/Just the Highlights (214)

Okay, let's skip forward a little. I know for a fact that you guys aren't here to hear about fun couple dates and basically bliss and happiness, you're here for the dirt. So we have to skip forward about three to four months if I don't want to bore you all to death. Everyone got that? Awesome, let's keep going then.

Casey and I broke up after dating for almost two years. Neither of us expected it to happen, it all happened so suddenly. We were moving along in our relationship, as happy as could be, and then another couple we were friends with got engaged. Of course we were happy for them but that made us sort of stop and think about what we were doing together. Were we moving towards getting engaged? Were we moving towards anything? We were thirty one, we couldn't afford to just sit around for five more years before giving up on the kids thing forever. So we decided to break up.

You'd think that it would have been difficult dealing with it all, moving out and stuff, but it wasn't. We both realized so simultaneously that there was no fighting, no crying. Just a conversation with us saying "well, I guess we better break up" and packing up our stuff and hugging goodbye. Neither of us wanted the apartment, which made it sort of easy, and there were no hard feelings.

Actually, the hardest part of the whole ordeal was telling Nora and Eli, who were probably our closest friends by this point. It was like when parents of children got divorced, we sat them down and told them we would always love them. They were devastated and probably ten times more upset than we were. Now that was a long day.

	"So what did you want to tell us?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"We had something we needed to tell you."

"Something you're not going to like."

"But remember that nothing is going to change because of this and we both care about you."

"Oh no, you're not saying-"

"You can't be serious."

"Now, come on, guys. Julie and I-"

"It is true!"

"How could you two break up? You were perfect."

"Things just end sometimes, I'm sorry."

"Julie and I still care about you two very much, don't forget that."

"Definitely! And it was a very amicable break up so don't worry about things changing."

"Of course things are going to change you broke up!"

"Don't lie to us. We both know that that's not true."

"Come on, guys, let's just settle down."

"I can't believe this."

"What are we going to tell people?"

"Do you even hear yourself?"

"Well I'm sorry that I have emotions."

"I have to get to work. I'll talk to you guys later, okay?"

"Please don't leave me here with them."

"Come on, they're not that bad."

"They're basically crying."

"You know, you're allowed to leave."

"Don't leave us, Casey! You can't leave us like this."

"See what I mean."

"You'll be fine. Bye guys."

"You so owe me for this."

"Just take one for the team."