Lizona - Sincerely, Mysterious

Reviewer: persephoinis

Review: Sincerely, Mysterious

Client: slimmwrites

🌻

Cover

The cover was really cute, simple, and perfect for the plot of the story. I loved how it depicted the entire texting scenario.

However, I would also suggest that maybe you could change the cover to something a bit more romantic. Maybe you could try vector covers with the two boys standing opposite each and texting. Or you may do something else entirely, but that's up to you.

Title

The title was on spot perfection. Period. However, I don't think it accurately delivered the theme of romance since, before beginning the book I was of the impression that it would be more like a mystery thriller. But as soon as I focused on the cover and read the blurb, I realized what it actually was.

Hence despite the misconception, I still think that it is perfect since it sits absolutely correct with the plot (and also, it did have a mysterious aura!).

Blurb

We all know that the blurb is the hook to a book. Of course, the cover is the one that lures the readers in, but the blurb is like an entryway to the world you've created. So it is a vital element that will decide the fate and popularity of your story.

And now as we talk about your blurb, I think it was amazing with the right amount of quirk and humor in it. I really loved the way you introduced the protagonist and how his body reacted when he saw Parker (lmao). And even though, there was a brush of familiarity in the conflict regarding the texting, it was overall an extremely entertaining piece.

Plot & Pacing

I totally enjoyed how you slowly evolved the story and let it unfold naturally. And even though, there were multiple instances of cliché that could be very easily predicted, I still think it was super entertaining and definitely managed to keep me on the edge of my seat.

And now talking about your pacing, I think it was completely justified with the plot of the book. And even though, there were moments when I was cursing out Adrian for not revealing his identity and making Parker suffer, I would be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy the slow-burn.

So, all in all, I think your mind-blowing plot combined with the perfect pacing, made the book an absolute delight for the readers!

Character Development & Setting

Setting and world-building of any story is a very important aspect of the book. Without a strong and up-holding world, the readers cannot dive into your book and have the story revolving around themselves.

And now talking about the setting of your story, I think it lacked a few much-needed descriptions. While going through the chapters, I noticed that you have put much more care into the characters' thoughts and lifestyles rather than exploring their surroundings. And even though, there were a few details littered here and there, I still did not find them vivid enough to relate or visualize the scene. Hence, I think you should pay a little close attention to the surroundings of your characters and for this, visualizing the scenario actually works wonders!

And now we'll discuss the precious diamonds of your book - that is -Parker, and Adrian! Now, before I talk about these characters individually, let me just express the amount of love I have for them as a couple.

They were a complete treat to my heart. I loved the dynamic, chemistry, and most specifically the slow-burn romance between them. And I think we are all a little masochist when it comes to the unbearable angst and anxiousness between the two characters. I also loved the way you dealt with the relationship in a steady progression.

Now, as much as I loved Adrian, I also sometimes got annoyed at him for not being courageous and hurting both himself and Parker. However, when I analyzed the situation, I realized that it was very natural for him to act like that since it was out of fear of coming out and also the common fear of admitting our crushes. Besides, all his flaws and insecurities are what made him more human and relatable.

AAANND NOW, MY FAVORITE BOY - PARKER!! I absolutely worshipped the character. Starting from his dorky smiles, his cute flirty texts, to him getting his ass whipped by Adrian, I loved and enjoyed every bit of him. What I loved the most was how unproblematic, perfect, and yet so amazingly attractive he was. Also, the personality was an absolute chef's kiss.

Hence, all in all, I loved the characters but would highly recommend working on the setting of the book.

Writing Style & Grammar

I found little to no grammatical errors in your book, so I think it's good to go.

And now talking about your writing style, I totally loved the quirkiness and the amount of comic you weaved in to hook your readers in. It was almost as if I wasn't reading someone's POV, but instead, being the character myself. However, I think expressing the details of the scenario more properly and vividly would make your writing absolutely flawless.

And that's all for now!

Personal Enjoyment

I gobbled up the entire book because it was that entertaining. There wasn't a single aspect that I didn't enjoy or love. Your book was absolutely perfect and I think one final edit and rewrite in some specific parts would make it a masterpiece!

Hope I wasn't too harsh (and if I was, I'm sorry) and that you can benefit from this review. Good luck! You've got this!