Ria - His Inconvenient Bride

Reviewer: fire_dragon_24

Review: His Inconvenient Bride

Client: akiimarvelous

🌻

Cover and blurb: The cover was pretty good, but I think that it can be slightly improved. If the girl in the traditional wedding dress is not blurred out, and made into a focal point with the title around her, I feel that it would look even better. However, it is the author's decision of whether she wants to make these changes or not. The blurb is amazing. It captures the reader's attention due to the unique way that it is written, but doesn't give away too much information. However, I have provided a way in which it can be improved:

A forensic expert and her husband must work their way through the gulf in their marriage to catch a serial killer threatening to expose their secrets.

When Akanksha returns to Jaipur for her best friend's wedding, she anticipates nothing out of the ordinary. The pre-wedding rituals bitterly remind her of her dream to marry someone for love, which was left in vain. She dreads returning home to her husband of seven years, Vihaan, just to add fire to their already escalating argument.

But when a series of scarily consecutive murders come knocking at her door, she realizes that she can't solve the mystery of who the murderer is alone. After avoiding each other like the plague for years, she and Vihaan must put aside their differences, and work together to catch the bane of Akanksha's new problem. 

But after so many years of no cooperation from any of the sides, it might be a little difficult to work together. And the ongoing nightmares of Akanksha's horrific past are hard to ignore.

Will the hunt for the serial killer bring the two closer together, or will the secrets buried away in their relationship stop them from becoming what you call a happy couple?

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

Not much has been changed, and no changes have to be made. The book's blurb is amazing, and I love it. However, I like to provide every client with an alternate way to write the blurb.

Grammar: The grammar was almost completely correct, but I spotted a few mistakes that I will point out below. Other than that, the grammar was completely perfect, and I was extremely impressed with it. However, there was a problem based on the vocabulary. I found a few odd or slightly anomalous words, which didn't fit in with the rest of the text. But, judging by the authors writing style, this can easily be fixed with a simple edit.

The grammar mistake I found:

What it was: They told us not to go there; we couldn't do anything. Our phones weren't working; we couldn't call the police or the ambulance. The masked man ran away.

What it should be: They told us not to go there, leaving us helpless. Our phones weren't working, so we couldn't call the police or the ambulance. The masked man ran away.

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

This was the only grammar mistake that I found. I did spot a few typos, but those can easily be fixed with an edit. Otherwise, the grammar is completely perfect.

Plot: The plot was extraordinary. It had a great structure, and all the chapters made sense. The only complaint I have is the fact that it seemed to move a bit too fast. But other than that, it was awesome.

The plot started off as a slightly cliché one, and I thoroughly enjoyed all the cliché parts, both because of thinking that I was extremely smart for knowing what was going to happen next, and because it was so well written. I truly enjoyed the beginning of the book. However, the cliché-ness came with a terrific twist. The entire scheme behind the plot left me truly astounded, and I enjoyed every second of the suspense that had me hooked. I really, really want to give the author a huge hug for the amazing work on the plot, and really commend her on it.

Characterization: The personality of each character was displayed splendidly. Each character had a unique personality, and even if they were not a main character, they played a key role in the development of the plot, which I found really interesting and amazing. Each person was described in a unique way, and I found the natural introduction of them into the plot very impressive.

In some books, the flow of the plot is disturbed when a character is introduced in unsuitable ways. However, in this book, each character was added into the plot in a natural and immaculate way. I really want to send out a huge "Amazing job!" to the author on that.

Overall enjoyment: I really enjoyed the book. It was written almost completely perfectly, and I spent my time reading the book itself, and not focusing on little details here and there, because of the excessively unique and outstanding plot. I really loved the addition of the unique twist, and enjoyed all the cliché bits too! I advise the author to continue to publicize this book as much as possible, because it can truly reach great levels of success.

For the author: You are doing an excellent job with the book so far, and I feel self conscious giving advice to such a professional. This can only be described as a piece of literary art. Thank you for choosing me to review your book! Lot's of love!

-Ria