Ria - Broken

Reviewer: -butterfliesarise-

Review: Broken

Client: Areeba019

🌻

Cover and Blurb: The cover is pretty good. It represents the book nicely. However, it seems a little too simple for the book. This doesn't have to be done, because the cover definitely isn't bad, but I think the book will attract a bigger audience with another cover. As for the blurb, it's amazing! It's short, to the point, and hooks the reader. It provides a summary of the book without giving the plot away, and I love the fact that some questions are asked in it. It's a great trick to capture the reader's attention. Still, I've provided another version of the blurb for the author to choose from:

Morgan Stanley's one wish in life is something that she can't reach. With a peaceful and happy life constantly on her mind, nothing seems to be looking up for her. But there is an escape. One tiny ray of light in the darkness that she's confined to, making her feel hopeful for a better future.

But due to a majorly horrible event, that one ray of light is snatched away from her, leaving her in complete darkness. Betrayed and broken, her mind is set on revenge. Each step on the path of broken glass that she's created to reach her goal might be her downfall. Or, her victory.

How long does it take for a person to completely break? And is Morgan really as innocent as she seems?

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

Once again, this blurb doesn't have to be used.

Grammar: The grammar was great! There were some grammatical errors, but overall it was completely okay. Some examples of the grammatical errors will be given later on. I recommend the author to proofread the book, edit it, and use a grammar-correcting website or app, such as "Grammarly" to help with the rest of the book.

Example 1: And as my lungs start to beg for air, I wish this time.

Should be: And as my lungs start to beg for air, I wish that this is the time.

...................

Example 2: Wet till torso, dirty face and dark dirty hair.

Should be: My entire shirt was wet, my face dirty, and my dark hair was also dirty.

...................

Example 3: These kind of cheezy things sound good but in reality, it's meaningless.

Should be: These kind of cheesy things sound good, but in reality, they're meaningless.

..................

That covers up a few of the mistakes. Unfortunately, I can't cover all of them. Also, I noticed that the first word of most of the dialogue is not capitalized. Other than that, the use of vocabulary was great!

Plot: The plot was awesome! It's extremely unique, and I love how how it is structured! It has a hooking factor unlike one that I've seen before, and that is great! The reader gets captured into the plot, and not all books have that element in such a strong way. It's like being sucked into a tornado, but one that takes you to a good place.

The plot started off as slightly cliché (there's no harm in that), but soon became a thrilling, exciting and completely unique one. Each chapter made me want to continue to read more, and judging by the comments, the rest of the audience think the same way! A really huge "Amazing job!" to the author on that, because it really takes a creative mind to come up with such a phenomenal plot!

Characterization: The characters were extremely unique, and I really loved that! Most of the plot twists (which I really enjoyed by the way) came from the characters, and made the book even more interesting! The characterization was to a whole other level, mainly because of the character development. The character developed in a snap, but it seemed so natural, I was blown away! A great job has been done on the characterization!

Overall enjoyment: I loved the book! Although there are some things that need to be fixed, the grammar, the plot made up for it! I was extremely invested in the book, and really commend the author for coming up with such a creative, unique and phenomenal idea!

For the author: I really enjoyed your book! Thank you so much for choosing me to review it for you!

-Ria