Mila - The Love Letters of Cell 247

Reviewer: Mila_333

Review: The Love Letters of Cell 247

Client: jo_fab

🌻

Blurb

The blurb is unfortunately not well written. It lacks a good description to lure readers, I have to admit it does contain the necessary facts and the story does seem a bit interesting from the blurb, but it lacks professionalism. And, I know you can do so much better after reading your book. Please bear in mind that a person reads the blurb second, the first being the title. Hence, it is crucial to have a good blurb since it is more publicly shown to people. So, I have tried to help you a bit by pointing out some mistakes on the current blurb you have by correcting some grammatical mistakes and changing some things.

They said a woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets. Then, what is that of a Man?

On a normal morning of February 2021, the San Fernando Correctional Facility awakened their prisoners just as they always did every morning. But, Cell 247 failed to produce its inmate. When two guards went to check on the old man, He was dead. Following the protocol when an inmate dies, they checked his room after he was taken to the morgue, expecting to find drugs or any self made weapon.

However, their lives changed forever, when what they found was 50 Love Letters!

Letters which proved to depict the depth of the man's love.

The above blurb is still not okay; I have only revised sentence fragments to some extent and have corrected grammatical mistakes. You can add more information on the letters without revealing too much. You can also give a small insight on 247's love for Maria. You should also implement your nice writing style to have the blurb hold a voice for the story, just like you did in the book.

Title

The title is extremely accurate and very much appealing to readers who like a dark romance. However, 'The Love Letters of 247' is more suitable than 'The Love Letters of Cell 247'. As a matter of fact, it's 247 aka the male protagonist writing those letters and not Cell 247, for cell 247 is only a cell not actually the person. Even in the story, when they refer to the male protagonist, they call him 247.

Cover

The cover is really nice and suits the story a lot! It possesses this exuding deep vibes and depicts a dark aura that totally matches the plot. The title is well placed, the background has the perfect colour to match the story, and the writing is accurate enough and well situated on the cover as well as your Author name. However, I feel like the cover should have had a visual representation of letters. For instance, you could have had some letters falling on the front of the cover as the male protagonist stood behind the bars, this could be just my personal opinion. I only said this as the letters play such an important role in the plot and having them on the cover would be a must for me personally.

Grammar

This is the most crucial section of your review and I advise you to pay a lot of attention here. Unfortunately, this book requires quite a lot of editing. I mean every book does require polishing, but you will have to bear some patience to edit the whole book. For instance, some of the grammatical mistakes I noted were the lack of punctuation marks, wrong tense used, typos, etc. I have tried to comment on the mistakes as I read, but at one point, the mistakes became repetitive. So, amongst other things, I noticed you have used 'its' instead of 'it's". I further noted you used 'you're' instead of 'yours'. Hence, it's amply evident to study on these a bit, so you're prevented from repeating the same mistakes again.