Chapter45:Visiting

~Y/N's POV~
10 minutes in the car, we finally arrived at the destination. I walk out, Kai following closely. I walked down the path, past many tombstones....

I find a familiar scene, the one by the end of the area, the one that was near the fence that overlooked a nearby forest... I find myself kneeling down, I could see Kai slightly hesitating if he should put a handkerchief under my knees that hit the cold ground.

I lower my head, I intertwined my hands with each other, I closed my eyes, until now.... I still can't seem to face his grave without shedding a tear....

'L/N Taku'  'L/N Umi'

Engraved in the stone that stood on their grave, I could barely keep my head up... my guts started to twist... they were gone because of me...

"I'm sorry for not visiting for so long..." I spoke "You were the best people in my life..." I said, I could hear myself.... my voice was cracking and my breath hitched.

~Third Person POV~
"Gomenasai.... Hontoni Gomenasai!" Y/N exclaimed, her hands on top of both gravestones.

Y/N's tears came out like they were rivers, her tears fell on the ground, the soil under her absorbing her tears that fell. She sobbed uncontrollably, the dirt dampened as her face became wet with tears.

"You could've been alive right now if it weren't for me!" She sobbed as she hung her head low while streams of tears cascaded down her face.

Kai looked down at his master, he had to hold back his tears... the scene absolutely broke his heart. He was hesitant on what to do, as he contemplated, he realized if he just let her let it all before he says anything.

30 minutes later, Y/N had pulled herself together and bowed at the graves before she walked away with Kai, she got back in the car.

Kai handed her a water bottle, she drank it and the whole ride home was silent. Y/N had red eyes, scraped lips that bled from biting down on them, her knees dirty and bruised from kneeling down too much, the red scratch marks on her arms and palms that was from the tight grip she had on herself, Y/N's throat was dry and sore from all the sobbing. She was absolutely drained....

She had her eyes half-lidded, her lips shut as she stared of to the distance as she slipped into a state of slumber from the exhaustion the day has brought into her. She fell asleep on the backseat, Kai could hear her whimpering...

The guilt definitely was eating her up. She has always blamed herself for their deaths.... they sacrificed themselves for Y/N's safety and life. This scarred her for life, they were both killed infront of her, the image and scen replayed in her mind everyday...

They arrived at the Kageyama Mansion, Y/N was still asleep, Y/N was hugging Cuddles in the backseat. Kai slowly separated the bear and Y/N, Rei carried the bear as Kai gently lifted her up and brought her inside the house.

The young masters and missies quickly gathered up in the front hall to greet back their most precious treasure, Kai came in carrying Y/N and everyone quickly rushed over to them "What happened?" Keiji asked "The young heiress visited her late former parental figures... she exhausted herself from crying, she passed out in the car from exhaustion..." Kai explained as he gently passed Y/N into Daishō's arms and Kenma took Cuddles.

They understood and the two excused themselves to carry on their work. They brought Y/N unconscious self upstairs to her shared bedroom along with Kenma and Cuddles.

They let Y/N rest, Kenma stayed beside her, afraid that she might wake up alone and feel lonely, He sat beside her, She slept with her hand holding Kenma's pinky while he used the other to spend the time on his phone.

Kenma could hear Y/N small sobs and whimpers and he would always rub her knuckles, caress her face and pat her head, it would always calm her nerves and her spiraling dreams.

She always had to hold onto something when things get bad, it was the comfort of knowing that she wasn't alone and she has something to hold onto to....

When Y/N was a child, she always had nightmares and Umi(Former Grandmother) would always hold her in her arms until she fell asleep again, Taku(Former Father) would always assure her that she was never alone and she always had him to count on, she always craved for the feeling of warmth that she had on the coldest times....

Right now, Y/N has a whole new family that cherishes her and Kenma that gave her the assurance that he would always be there by her side no matter what.

The warmth she always looked for, the love she wanted.... Y/N's life changed drastically....

Soon Y/N woke up, the moment that Kenma felt Y/N let go of his pinky, his eyes opened from his nap and looked at Y/N. She was slowly getting up but before she could leave the bed, Kenma hugged her from behind, he rested his head on her back, his ear pressed onto her back, he could hear her echoing heart beat.

"Where have you been?" He asked, Y/N just sighed, she turned around and kissed Kenma's forehead before she walked into the bathroom. She couldn't bring herself to talk... her throat was still sore from all her crying and she didn't know what to tell him.

~Y/N's POV~
I slowly dip into the warm water, letting my body relax.... clearing my mind... if this doesn't help then I guess I'll find another way....

'My knees hurt... my lip is bleeding... my eyes are swollen and my arms have scratches...'

I sighed and splashed water on my face, I look up and I caught a glimpse of someone in the corner, my mind must've been so tired that I'm starting to see things...

I get out of the tub, I dried myself and grabbed a pair of sleeping wear.

(I don't own the picture)

I get out the bathroom and Kenma wasn't in the room, I felt uneasy being alone so I went downstairs where everyone was.

I spot Kenma and hug him from behind "What's wrong?" He asked "My knees hurt..." I lowly mumble, he turned to me and sat me on the kitchen counter, I had a bruise on both my knees, Daishō flicked my forehead "Gomen." I said barely above whisper, Keiji got an ice pack and Miwa helped me place them on my knees.

Keiji was putting some ointment on my scratches. I stayed silent.

'It's been awhile...'

Word Count:1150