Chapter70: "Goodbye"

~Y/N's POV~
-TimeSkip They already graduated and are 23-

I'm staring outside the window of the airplane as we start to take off. I am on a plane off to the United States, I was sent there to start my job as an Heir at the US franchise of the company. The sales were steady and we're not rising but it wasn't going down either so my parents were putting me in. A straight to the CEO job.

A couple months ago, I talked to Kenma about me "possibly relocating" and he was slightly taken back at the topic and we ended up yelling over the topic but talked it out by the end of the night... "I'll love you no matter where you are." Is what he said and we both knew that once I step up to my title I would have less time for anything, he was working under one of the company's department after graduation and we were still on the fact of me moving away... that was until I got an urgent call from my family at 1AM, stocks were rapidly decreasing and my brother... Daisuke collapsed during work there.

Kenma and I had spoken about it, he was planning to go with me and our departure was supposed to be in 5 months but since I got urgently called in, I had no choice. The moment I picked up the phone was the moment they prepped the airplane for lift off. Kenma was asleep as I got up and got ready. I grabbed the nearest shirt and pants I could find while putting my hair in a bun so it doesn't, it was snowing outside and I was having second thoughts about this as I continued on. I was finishing up packing my things when I felt my eyes brim up with tears, I needed to leave to finally start my job and I don't know what was happening to my brother but I was gonna leave Kenma...

"Damn it Y/N. Pull yourself together." I said as I shoved one of my shirts in the suitcase as I saw my tears fall. It's about time I started my work... I heard the sheets rustle and I quickly wipe my tears, Kitaro came in the room as I zipped up the last bag. He took them away and I was shaking. "Love?" Kenma's little sleepy voice said and I quickly ran to him and give him a hug "I have to leave... I love you and I'll call you." I said, I kissed his forehead and headed out, he was still half-asleep "Wait, Y/N!" He said as he ran after me, I couldn't stop because Kai and his team had already surrounded me and we needed to go.

"Kenma!" I exclaimed as I looked back "I'm really sorry!" I said as they got me in the car and Kenma running down the front porch... he was crying... I really wanted to stop the car but I couldn't be delayed... We soon got to the airport and I boarded my plane which leads me to end up here... staring outside my window as the sun rises. Kenma must've been worried... my phone was in Kitaro's hands, I am in the middle of CEO preparation during the flight. I was signing all the inheritance papers as I ate some food. I was confirming everything and I had multiple proofs that I signed them.

We reached the US Airport and I was exhausted, My brother's assistant came to welcome us. A lot of people were gathered, word must've spread I would be arriving. The staff made sure I was protected while we walked out the airport and got to the hospital where Daisuke was resting at. I enter the hospital room, the security staff were outside while Daisuke's assistant and Kitaro went to get our papers and things settled.

My brother was smiling at me as if he didn't collapse a few hours ago, I gave him a punch on the arm and he whined "You stupid jerk!" I exclaimed "Y/N-Chan!" He exclaimed "How reckless can you be?" I said and he smiled, I clicked my tongue and sat down on the chair beside his hospital bed, he then placed his hand on my head and patted it "You didn't get to properly say 'Goodbye' to Kenma... I'm sorry..." He said and my face softened and I just sighed "I'll call him as soon as everything gets settled." I said "That's my girl." He said and I looked up to him and smiled.

After a few minutes, Daisuke got discharged, it was 9AM and we got breakfast on the way to the ceremony, we finished and got ready. We parked infront of the place and there were a whole crowd of Journalists outside the building. The Guards cleared a path for us and I linked arms with my brother as we walked down cleared path to the building's entrance. We came inside and started the ceremony. For my life's sake I endured the peer pressure, the lack of sleep and stress I was feeling. I managed through the ceremony and I was finalized as the CEO. This was insane.

We soon went home and since me and Kenma had the worst type of time difference, I couldn't call him back, he left me so many missed calls and texts... I sent him a message just in case. 'Hey Love, I'm so sorry for abruptly leaving, I got called in because of an emergency, I already miss you, take care and I love you <3' And sent, I laid down in my bed almost lifeless. I set a timer on, I need to be awake by 4PM and it was currently 11AM. I slowly drifted off to sleep.

'I'm sorry Love, I miss you already, I love you. We can't do anything about our current situation right now but we'll find a way but for the meantime... this is Goodbye.'

Word Count:1010