Chapter77:Trying

~Kenma's POV~
I've fallen asleep holding Y/N's hand and resting my head on the side of her bed again. I'll be sure to make Y/N remember everything...

I felt a hand on my head, playing with it softly and as I woke up, I saw her looking at me and playing with my hair, she was shocked to see me awake... She blushed and looked away as she pulled away her hand, I take it back and place it on my head again "I missed you." I mumbled as I looked at her, she just kept silent and kept slightly patting my head "Kozume—" "Oh! You always call me Kenma..." I cut her off and she just chuckled shyly "Take your time to get used to it... I'll wait...." I said as I smiled at her and she nodded.

Later that night, I was staying up late on the couch, Nikko asleep beside me as I went over the company papers, I've gotten tired and accidentally fallen asleep but I was soon woken up with a loud bleeding sound... HEART MONITOR!!! ITS A FLATLINE SOUND!!

I jolted awake and looked at the bed, Y/N wasn't there— I looked around and saw her sitting by the window with her IV, I was relieved and went up behind her and hugged her.

"E-Eh? Koz—Kenma?" She stuttered out "Uou scared me..." I said and she just patted my hand "Sorry... it's just... The night sky looked beautiful..." She said and I sat beside her after fixing up the beeping noise. "It definitely is..." I said and she smiled "We've gotten a lot closer right?" She asked and I nodded "To the point we live with each other, we went to the same college and started an internship at the same company..." I proudly said and her eyes sparkled, she asked a lot of things and I happily answered them.

After a few minutes, I heard a soft snore and I also noticed that Y/N's breathing changed as she leaned on me, I look at her and saw that she was asleep... the moonlight highlighting her features the same way it brightened up this dark room... I slowly pick her up and put her back on her bed, I attach her to the machine again.

I bent over and placed a kiss on her forehead as lightly held her hand "I'll make sure to make you remember My Love... I love you." I said before I made sure she was comfortable and went back to the couch, I laid down and fell asleep.

~Y/N's POV~
It's been almost two weeks and I already got discharged but that didn't mean that I was okay, I spent most of my day in this huge room that they told me it belonged to me... I was still trying to get used to everything mostly calling Kozume by his first name because for some reason, whenever I say it, I feel so... light... like a cloud lifting me up.

It's always My room, the garden or the living room and half the time, I can't go anywhere myself because I get tired easily so Kozume helped me out. I think I got lucky by befriending a guy like him, I may not remember everything but he feels like home. We were laying down at this hanging chair at the back porch and the little boy, I think his name was Nikko, was always following us around and he would call me 'Mama' and Kozume 'Papa' which made me slightly confused... Aren't we a little too young to be parents? And did I finally break up with Akihiko? Did something happen between me and Kozume?

Nikko was between me and Kozume, the little boy was holding a familiar toy, it was this small cat that was hanging from the chain of his pacifier, I got too curious and went close to the two and hold the little cat on his pacifier, there was this other pendant beside it and it had 'K&YN/I' (Your Name Initial) beside it and on the back was a picture of Kozume hugging me from behind... I looked so happy... Kozume was asleep and Nikko was sucking on his pacifier and looking at me. "What... is this?" I asked myself, Kozume's phone was beside Nikko so I picked it up and saw that there was a password... I tried to jog up my memory and try to figure out what his password is... if he's been here for the longest time then we could've known something more about each other...

The phone lit up and it was a picture of me and him in some rooftop and without thinking I accidentally pressed the fingerprint area and to my surprise, it opened... I opened multiple apps.... My relationship with Kozume was... Romantic... social media platforms confirming everything....

He started to stir awake so I exited every app and closed the phone, I just looked at him as he woke up... I'll admit; He is Handsome... his face changed a lot but he's still good looking.

We then went back inside... the thought never leaving my head.... He's my significant other...

We were about to go up the stairs when my head started to hurt and everything started spinning.... Flashes of random memories circling and I was suddenly in pain and dropped to the floor, I could feel a pair of strong hands around me as someone started to call for my name... I knew it was him but I just couldn't focus on his words as everything just went by so fast as if everything was out of order and my world was spinning fast....

~Third Person POV~
Kenma picked Y/N up and he took her to her room, he laid her down and and she was holding her head and rubbing her temples.

She suddenly passed out and Kenma called for the house doctor. Thankfully it wasn't anything bad, it's just her brain tried to take in a sudden discovery and she started to have a little memory meltdown. He said She'd be fine but might have a slight headache when she wakes up so he left some pills with Kenma and as the living boyfriend Kenma is, he stayed by her side for the rest of the time...

Y/N's memories were finally coming back and Kenma was worrying and excited at the same time, he just felt slightly tired though...

Word Count:1090