Chapter75:Ephemeral

~Y/N's POV~

I got into the car and we headed off to the event's place. I was nervous... I don't know if it's because of the stupid thoughts or I don't really know why I feel so much pressure!!! Like I've done this a million times before so why am I still nervous!? I don't get this nervous often and even if the newbie beats us, it'll still be a win-win so what am I worrying about!?

Nikko suddenly leaned onto me and spread his arms, his small body hugging me as his beady eyes stared at me, he opened his mouth and said "Mama..." He mumbled, loud enough for everyone in the car to hear, Kitaro suddenly stepped on the breaks in shock "You just... spoke..." I mumbled as I held him and he looked kinda confused but looked back at me and placed his little hands on my cheeks "Mama!" He chimed and kissed the tip of my nose "The Young Master said his first words! Babe! You got that on camera right!?" Kitaro exclaimed as he turned to his boyfriend in the front seat with him and Azel was just crying while nodding "Mi chiquito (My Little Boy) you are very cute..." I said as I hugged him and he smiled so cutely "Oh? This is the young master's effect on Master, he makes her speak a different language...." Kitaro said and I just laughed "Get back to driving Taro, you stopped in the middle of the street." I said and he realized and started driving once more.

I texted Kenma about Nikko's first words and he was so excited about it. We soon reached the fancy place, it was only accessible by boat since it was in an island. Azel and Kitaro were behind us as I carried Nikko in my arms. Everyone welcomed us and we took our masks, this was a masquerade party afterall, Nikko wore something identical to mine as Azel and Kitaro wore matching masks. We put them on and entered the main hall. There were a lot of people, they all welcomed us, I saw in the far corner, someone that looked oddly familiar but I didn't pay much attention to their group.

I introduced Nikko to some people, I made a toast with a few people, spoke about business and deals, the whole night was pure fun with benefit. It now comes to this part...

The announcement. I step up the platform, I started off with letting everyone meet my precious little Nikko and of course, the video were he was being lovey dicey in the car earlier played, I watched as everyone's expressions softened at the sight, Kitaro took Nikko as I delivered my speech and lastly.... The Results.

"I believe that our successful newbie is here, shall you come forward and join me in this revelation?" I invited them up and they came forward, they were the group that I felt familiar with but didn't pay attention to... as we played the rankings and stocks rise, we smirked. As the results came in, we won by 9%, I pick up my cup and made a toast with him, we signed the contracts, My Company now has the upper hand in this contract.

Finally, the final dance of the night is here, we all paired up "Ms.L/N, May I have this dance?" LTD's CEO offered his hand and I accepted it as I saw Kitaro and Azel dancing along with Nikko between them, I smiled and we walked to the middle of the dance floor. We swayed to the music, I must say, his moves were familiar as well as his posture and voice. As the music faded, we reached over onto each other's mask as per tradition to this event, the partner your with shall take your mask off. I held eye contact with him, those eyes felt so familiar...

He and I were by the windows, fireworks setting off outside, his hand made its way to my waist and he pulled me close, I now realized who he was but before I could say anything he had taken off my mask and kissed me. I break the kiss and smile as I took off his mask.

We dropped both our masks, we smirked "Mi Vida (My Life), it's been awhile..." I said and he chuckled "I've missed you Mi Corazon..." He said and I blushed.... "I should've known it's you, you felt so familiar..." I said as my hand were on his shoulders and his on my waist "I'm a great at hiding myself so that's why you couldn't recognize me easily." He whispered in my ear "Maybe." I said as I lightly kissed his neck, he buried his face on my neck as he hugged me close. Nikko suddenly popped out of nowhere and started hitting Kenma's legs "Mama! Mama! No! No!" He exclaimed repeatedly as he hit him while clinging onto me, we separated the hug and I picked up Nikko.

"Nikko, do you not recognize your Dad?" I asked and his eyes gleamed and he smiled "Papa?" He said and Kenma smiled "You're a clever child aren't you?" He said and Nikko poked his cheek "Azel! You caught that right?" I heard Kitaro murmur and I chuckled as I saw Azel smile behind the camera. Our reunion was cut short when armed men started barging in. I gave Nikko to Azel and Kitaro and told them to escape as I placed a mask over his eyes and noise cancelling earpieces in his ears, I kissed his forehead as I ushered them out the escape route, I look at Kenma and I grabbed the gun from under my dress, I shot the glass behind us, it broke to pieces, we were 18 floors high and it's a life or death situation. They planted a bomb in this room.

Kenma pulled me to him and I held onto him as we jumped down, we were falling when the bomb went off... I turned over and shielded Kenma from the falling debris and The pressure due to the fall made me loose consciousness... the last thing I remember was me telling Kenma that I love him.

~Kenma's POV~
Y/N lost consciousness and as we hit the waters, I kept her close as Lilian came to save us. We rushed to the hospital, we had cuts all over and felt my heart drop when the doctor said she needed time to heal and might not wake up anytime soon...

I've been staying by her side 24/7, Lilian and Kitaro handled every issue, Nikko was sleeping in her hospital room aswell, I also updated the family every single day that past.... I've only held her for a short while... why did this have to happen.

Luckily no one died in the incident but many was injured and the case is still being investigated....

"Love, it's been 29 days since you smiled at me, 29 days since you spoke, 29 days since I kissed you and 29 days from the day I almost lost you again.... Nikko's almost on his 11th month.... Please wake up soon... Nikko needs you, the family needs you... The company needs you..." I said as I held onto her hand, tears spilling out of my eyes as I tried to lessen my sobs to avoid waking up Nikko who was sleeping on the couch...

"I need you so please... wake up..." I said, not once I've left her side, each day feels like I'm living in a loop. The doctors keep telling me that the debris's impact on her body was crucial and might take awhile to wake her up. I've sent out people to find the culprit, I need to make them suffer with my own hands...

It's been almost a month and each day I sit here patiently, waiting for the day I could see those beautiful E/C (Eye color) eyes staring lovingly into mine like she usually does while I hold her again....

Word Count:1350