✨CHAPTER 3✨

Hey guys!

Hope everything's fine and you are doing good.

Please give it a try. And if you like the story, please show some love by voting and commenting on this chap.

You may begin now.

🏵️⭐🏵️

~~~

This chap is affectionately dedicated to - Scintillio16🖤✨

~~~

~Shaurya's Pov~

As soon as she looked in my direction, my eyes locked with her moist eyes. She widened her eyes after realizing something. Though our eye contact lasted for a few seconds, as she swiftly averted her gaze and looked down, I couldn't help feeling really very awkward. An unknown sensation ran throughout my body after sensing her discomfort...

Maybe I shouldn't have heard their conversation. Shall I go from here??? What the hell? But it's my room. Why all this seems so weird?? Calm down Shaurya, calm down...

Then I watched her looking around nervously, still her eyes were on the floor. I turned towards my right and found Dev offering me his confused look.

Well I am standing here right from the starting, giving some space to rest of the three present in the room. Dev joined in between, probably when Shri Bhabhi started weeping.

~~~

"Hey Manjiri Bhabhi, I am Dev. I know you from Ved Bhaiya - Shri Bhabhi's wedding. Though I think you hardly know me."

Dev greeted Manjiri while making his way towards her and extending his hand for a handshake. To which she looked up through her lashes and slowly shook his hand nervously after thinking something.

She met Senior Mohans many times after Ved & Adishri's wedding, while she met Mohan Cousins only on the wedding day of her Dii, as Shaurya and Dev were busy studying medicine. And Shreya was married then, so she was busy there. Even Manjiri never visited them due to her Dadi's medical condition. It was always Adishri-Ved and Senior Mohans , who used to visit her and Dadi at her place in her hometown. Therefore she hardly knows any of the Junior Mohans other than her Dii and Jiju.

"Shaurya are you planning to stand there for the whole night...come on. Get in."

Ved asked Shaurya to come inside. Manjiri lifted her eyes once again this time to see past Dev. She saw Shaurya coming closer to Dev. Her heartbeat quickened seeing this.

"You don't smile, do you? Hmm....Is it ugly?"

Dev asked Manjiri while grinning. To which Ved replied while smacking his younger brother's head,

"She do smile. Just not for senseless strangers..."

"But I am not a stranger anymore...am I??"

Dev asked Manjiri questioningly while massaging his head. Everyone chuckled looking at him and even Manjiri was having a small and shy smile on her face.

For the first time Shaurya saw a smile on her face, so what if it was a small one. The point is... she smiled, finally she smiled. His heart warmed at the fact that at last she smiled.

Manjiri's smile not only warmed Shaurya's heart but also took away the turmoil of Adishri's contemplation. Both Ved and Adishri felt hope surge within them viewing her small smile. Ved sighed and took his wife's hand in his while looking towards Manjiri.

~~~

~Manjiri's Pov~

~Manjiri's Pov~

"Travel along the waves, go wherever they takes..."

When I was a child. I hoped that I could grow up quickly, just the way like in the movies and novels... But now I wonder if I could only turn back time, and be the carefree Miru I used to be.

Funny right!!! How twisted things keeps on happening in my life. Marriage is one of the most unforgettable experience of a person's life. Well mine also holds an unforgettable experience. Isn't it??? If someone would have told me a little while ago that I would get married this soon. I would have considered him/her crazy and move on as if he/she said nothing. Yes!! I might have ignored that.

But look at me now! I am married and I am making halwa for the breakfast as it is also a ritual. Suniti Aunty....oh no no...I mean Chhoti Maa asked me to make something sweet for my first Rasoi (first cooking). To which I agreed politely. Halwa is almost done. Dii is also here, she is preparing other eatables for the breakfast.

Turning off the stove I thought about what happened at night. Soon after Jiju and Dev Bhaiya left for their rooms to sleep. Dii asked me to go and change. When I returned back from the washroom, I found Dii fast asleep on the left side of the king sized bed. I walked towards the bed and got under the covers, and soon drifted off to sleep due to exhaustion, on the vacant side of the bed.

When I woke up this morning, I found Dii adjusting her saree's pleats in front of the mirror. I too went to take a quick shower, and then Dii helped me in draping the saree as I always struggle with this draping of this long-long cloth. Well you can say I don't know how to drape a saree properly, well roughly I can. But to look presentable in a saree I always need somebody's help. Thankfully!!! she and I haven't tried to talk to each other since last night. Though she helped me without saying anything.

I didn't realize when did Dev Bhaiya entered inside the kitchen.

"What are you preparing Manjiri Bhabhi???...It smells delicious."

He suddenly questioned me from behind, and his voice startled me. I gasped when hot tea fell on my hand,...as I was immersed in my deep thoughts while transferring the tea into the cups. And on top of it his sudden question distracted me.

"Sorry Bhabhi, I didn't mean to scare you..."

Dev Bhaiya said apologizingly. I gave him my it's - alright look. Dii came towards me immediately and examined my hand concerningly. She scolded me, while rubbing an ice cube on my burnt hand, by saying -

"How many times do I have to tell you that whenever you are in the kitchen, take care of yourself. Since childhood you always do these kind of silly things...now look at your hand..."

Suddenly an unknown voice came from behind. But... Little did we know!!!

~~~

This is it for now. Hope you liked it. I am sorry for the mistakes.

In case if you want to share your views or suggest something, you are more than welcome.

Do vote this chap.

Till then take care and stay connected.

Love ♥️✨