✨CHAPTER 37✨

Hey guys!

Hope everything's fine and you are doing good.
Please give it a try.

And if you like the story,
please show some love by
voting and commenting
on this chap.

You may begin now.

🏵️⭐🏵️

~~~

This chap is affectionately dedicated to - Garimasrivasatava 🖤✨

~~~

"The affection that has become a habit, has already exceeded the affection itself...................."

With a quick stride Manjiri reached the gas stove and turned it off, she was swift enough to rescue the boiling milk from spilling over. Without much ado, she immediately transferred that milk to a large clay pot, which was already half - filled with milk kept at room temperature.

Dissolving a tablespoon of thick curd with the help of a spoon in the pot, she carelessly plonked the spoon into the sink. This made a slight commotion which made someone to walk inside the kitchen.

Just as she was about to cover the pot with a lid, the sounds of approaching footsteps reached her ears. But she didn't need to turn around and look at the person to confirm who he was, cause she recognized his presence even without glancing at his face.

"You woke up?"

"No, who said?
Can't you see I'm still on my bed, peacefully taking my afternoon nap..."

Devoid of getting proper sleep from last so many days in Chandigarh, Shaurya's sleep cycle got disturbed a lot..... In spite of taking a leave from work and nearly sleeping for all day, he still had put on a irritable mood.

"Despite sleeping for long three and a half hours undisturbed, you're still being cranky..."

Modulating the intensity of the flame of the stove on which her work in progress dish was being prepared, Manjiri retorted back to Shaurya and moved to the refrigerator without even glancing at him.

Leaning against the kitchen counter, Shaurya silently watched her burrowing deep inside the fridge. He shook his head and pulled out his phone from his pocket to check the number of missed calls he has got.

"At what time did you come back from college?"

"Same!
At usual time only..."

Still engrossed in some search operation inside the refrigerator, Manjiri answered him simply.
Scrolling down the feed on his device, Shaurya probed again

"The house seems empty, where are rest?"

"Except Dadi, rest all elders are off to meet and have dinner with your some distant uncle and aunt..."

Coming back to the counter with some fresh veggies in hand, she informed him.
Darting his eyes from his smartphone to her, he inquired quizzically

"Who uncle and aunt?"

"Umm! I don't remember their names exactly, but yes I guess your uncle is being referred as Cheenu Chacha or Chunni Chacha or something like that, I don't know..."