✨CHAPTER 17✨

Hey guys!

Hope everything's fine and you are doing good.
Please give it a try.

And if you like the story,
please show some love by
voting and commenting
on this chap.

You may begin now.

🏵️⭐🏵️

~~~

This chap is affectionately dedicated to - chigastar🖤✨

~~~

~Manjiri's Pov~

"The best of you wasn't then and it isn't now,
It's in what has yet to become.....
And you'll surely become!!!"

Hey! Did I ever mention that Dev Bhaiya is very understanding and caring.... then kindly please erase these things from your mind from now because he isn't! Yes, he isn't because he's is literally grilling me with his merciless teasing from last half an hour. And much to my irritation even Dadi is having a good time listening all the details about yesterday from his mouth. But thankfully others are not here, otherwise it would be really unbearable for me.

Well it's a normal Sunday afternoon and all the men of the house are enjoying the holiday at home today. And unlike the other Sundays all the ladies of the house, except Dadi and me, have gone out today in order to attend some family's close friend's daughter-in-law's baby shower. Only I know how hard I tried to convince Chhoti Maa to not take me along as she was after me since morning to join them in attending that function. But I genuinely dislike these kind of gatherings where I don't know anyone at all. And to be honest I find mingling with strangers really very awkward that to specially at that place where I need to plaster a fake smile constantly. Plus Dadi was also not going, so then I decided to not go there at all.

But now I feel that I took the wrong decision, I should have joined them... as at least I don't have to face this Bhaiya's ragging. I can't tell how badly I want to smash his face with this cushion.

"What's happening here?"

Hearing Jiju's voice I turned around and found him coming down the stairs along with Shaurya. Oh no! Both of them had to come now only??? It's literally hard for me to explain that how much I dreaded this moment.....

"Come Ved Bhai, lemme tell you everything about yesterday..."

As both of them settled themselves on the couch, Dev Bhaiya stated this to Jiju while giving me a smirk.

Now I'm gone.... Take me up God! Take me up...

He narrated the whole incident in one go and in between he asked Dadi to place her palm against his cheek, and surprisingly she happily did what he asked her....
Oh no what's happening this?

And to my utter surprise or rather can say shock he started mimicking me... My eyes widened at his act.
Hey! I wasn't doing that at all... and wait, I didn't even smiled a bit at that time.

"Cut it out Bhaiya...
Nothing like this happened, it's all lie."

I whined irritatingly. Everyone around started laughing looking at me and even Shaurya was also having a faint smile playing at the corner of his lips.