EPILOGUE~2.0 (Part-2)

Hey guys!

Hope everything's fine and you are doing good.
Please give it a try.

And if you like the story,
please show some love by
voting and commenting
on this chap.

~~~

Important :

Do follow me (Sonali_nefelibata) my dear lovelies, so as to keep track of each and every important announcement and not miss out on anything.

Moreover, catch me and your lovable JI HUZOORI's characters on Instagram with the username - 'sonali_nefelibata'. Exciting reels and igtv videos are waiting for you there.
(Link has been provided in my profile's description area.)

~~~

Here's the last thread.
Happy Reading! 💕
Comment as much as you can for the final time.

~~~

Pushing open the front door of his house, Shaurya's weary footsteps echoed through the dimly lit hallway. The neighbourhood still slumbered under a blanket of darkness, and the only sound was the ticking of the wall clock. He knew that he had managed to finish his night shift earlier than usual, a rare occurrence that allowed him to return home before dawn.

As he stepped inside, he noticed the faint glow of light emanating from his parents' room. The partially ajar door signalled that his mother was up, a loving gesture she reserved for her tardy son.

With a tired but appreciative smile, Shaurya approached the kitchen, where he knew his mother would be. Mrs Suniti Mohan, all wrapped in a brown shawl, was bustling around, preparing something.

"Tired, Shaurya?"

Mrs Mohan asked, her voice a mix of concern and motherly pride. He nodded, knowing that she could see the weariness in his eyes.

"Yeah, Maa. You know how it is. But see, 25 minutes earlier than the usual time."

"Wash your hands."

Without waiting for a response, Mrs Mohan placed a plate of toast and a warm cup of coffee on the table.

"You need to eat something light before you crash. You're no good to anyone if you're running on empty."

Shaurya couldn't argue with her. After wiping his hands, he obediently took a bite, the simple nourishment providing a small burst of energy. Thankful for his mother's unwavering care, he looked at her as she brought a cup of tea for herself.

"Did she sleep then?"

"A while ago. After taking inhaling some steam forcibly. Nose drops didn't work on her. She kept on fussing in discomfort for the whole night."

"I'll check on her."

After finishing a quiet breakfast with his mother, Shaurya got up and passed through the hall. It was a rare moment of serenity in the bustling household, thanks to the notorious kids of his cousin brothers, who usually ensured that silence was a fleeting luxury.