✨CHAPTER 18✨

Hey guys!

Hope everything's fine and you are doing good.
Please give it a try.

And if you like the story,
please show some love by
voting and commenting
on this chap.

You may begin now.

🏵️⭐🏵️

~~~

This chap is affectionately dedicated to - Reader_Vibhu🖤✨

~~~

"Despite the chaos... I'll always choose you."

No sooner did Shaurya closed the door behind Priyal, then the sound of someone's rushing down the stairs outstretched to his ears. Though he guessed who was coming down because the sound of these pair of flip flops' was too familiar to his hearing than anybody else's. Moreover, this person's way of getting down the stairway was entirely different from the rest of the family so guessing was easy. Although his supposition was correct but still he took time to turn around and look..... to be honest he wasn't frightened yet he could sense his mouth drying with a slight and unappreciable panic.

Turning around he caught sight of a perturbed pair of eyes standing and directly looking at him.

"She left?"

She questioned him frankly with the same chastity and incorruptibility in her voice. Hearing her calm tone of innocence, he took a sigh of relief. Trying his best to sound as casual as he usually sounds when he's with her, he uttered these words while motioning his hand towards the empty couch

"No,
Look she's still sitting here looking at you..."

After listening to his this sarcastic reply, she glared at him with snappishness but didn't say anything. Looking at her frown, he added

"Why you always ask these kind of witless questions???
Wise up a little..."

Rolling her eyes in disbelief and irritability, she made her way towards the kitchen putting up an act to ignore him and his pitiless satirizes successfully.
Whereas eyeing her this silly act a small smile graced his lips unconsciously. He actually teased her intentionally this time hoping to lighten the atmosphere in the hall and also to not make her suspicious and misunderstood about anything.

"What's wrong with him??
One thing is sure for now that I'm definitely not gonna say anything to him from now onwards...."

Making a pledge she murmured this to herself while huffing and biting her lip in vexation. At one moment she made a new deal to herself and in the other she noticed him entering inside the kitchen. Despite feeling his gaze on herself, she didn't dare to look up at him. Omitting or rather can say completely unacknowleging his presence, she continued her work and picked up the tea pan from the utensil rack.

"What you intend to do here??"

She mentally rolled her eyes hearing his question. She wondered
"Now who's asking this silly thing...
Dr. Shaurya doesn't this question of yours counts in the list of witless questions?
What does a normal person do in the kitchen? Huh???"